Firewood elbow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had something like that in one of my elbow from working out . I stopped for 2-3 years and now the pain is gone but the fat is back...:)

yeah , welcome to approaching 40 it's moderately down hill from 35.
everything hurts more and more , it is so you aren't so sad to die when your body is all used up and all your friends are dead.

as they say getting old isn't for the weak , but as far as we know it beats the alternative.

I got "light" athletic arm sleeves, and "medium" velcro ones. I wore both together because the velcro chaifed. I took them off once the pain declined. That was a mistake. The pain came back after less than a week of working. I put em back on and finished the season with them. Didn't have to wear them this season at all.
I felt it though, 1 hand tossing was bad. Use proper form when doing physical labor.

Find a naturopath doctor. They will fix it the right way instead of just giving you painkillers.

I had sharp pain in my elbows for years but I absolutely hate standard medicine when they they commonly dont fix things they just treat symptoms.

I was told mine was tennis elbow to and all it was was build up of minerals like calcium in the end of your tendons and it causes sharp pain.

Basically she used ultrasonic to break up the mineral crystals in my elbow and you Pee them out.

Did that over a year ago and my elbow pain has been gone since two days after seeing her.

A $40 treatment stopped years of pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really feel bad for you youngsters. I get a pain in my butt if I set on the couch to long and I did have both knees replaced in 2016 with Titanium ones. Other than that I am fine with hand splitting all but the uglest chunks that go in the power splitter pile.
I some times will get cramps in my legs but a trip to the fridge where I keep a jar of dill pickles takes care of the cramps.

I make ever effort to nopt be picking blocks off the ground bending over. If I do much bending over I will need to take a couple Motrin before bed so I can fall asleep.

I'm 72 and still doing my own cutting splitting and load the furnace too.

:D Al

A known cure to Firewood Elbow is a conveyor.

Being a washed-up pitcher in baseball I learned to find the sore spot in my arm and really dig into it with a hard, firm massage. Keep massaging it throughout the day and you will find it will go away.

My chiropractor explained to me how your elbow is connected to your fingers, by grabbing your fingers and thumb and pulling them with your other hand(popping them), it will relieve the pain in your elbow. Works for me every time.

A few years ago I was dealing with the sore elbows and some back pain. For me I've learned to stretch, stay hydrated and work efficiently. Not going to say that I still don't get pain (I'm not getting any younger) — but I'm less prone to soreness and my endurance improves.

As stated by others, I get it from one handing large splits. The action of “palming” the splits gets the tendons on the outside of my forearm. I split pieces smaller partly to remedy this, and use a pickeroon she I can, both help greatly

Never had a problem with pain in my forearms or elbows until I started cutting, splitting, stacking firewood two years ago. Doctors call it tennis elbow but I have never played tennis in my life. Already had two shots in each elbow within the last year because of the pain and I'm due another because the pain is creeping back.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Will it get any better or any tips to make it better. I wear braces on my elbows now when I cut, split, stack and they help some. I'm really hoping it's just a little soreness and I'm getting stronger lol. I'm 35 yr old by the way. Thanks.

I'm a physiotherapist. I'm actually about to head in to work now so I don't have time for a full run-down. There is a way out but if it is well established, lateral epicondylitis - yes, it is commonly termed tennis elbow but you can get it from any form of overuse of the extensor tendon - will take a little time to resolve. This is assuming the diagnosis is accurate of course. I'll be back later but for now I'll have to keep you in suspense...

Back