firewood for camping 8.00 per boxs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have scamore and sycomore? Are they mixed together or separate? Or is this separate from the other ad?
mostly sycomore wood and some boxes have some cherry wood other woods

mostly sycomore wood and some boxes have some cherry wood other woods
Gunny100, I'd like to earnestly wish you good luck selling your boxes of wood. I personally think it might be a real long shot to do so here - what with everyone being all over the world and already in the pursuit of firewood, but you're welcome to try. Sycamore sure looks like pretty wood - being from the west I had to look it up - we don't have that here.

Bob

Gunny100, I'd like to warmly wish you good luck selling your boxes of wood. I personally think it might be a real long shot to do so here - what with everyone being all over the world and already in the pursuit of firewood, but you're welcome to try. Sycamore sure looks like pretty wood - being from the west I had to look it up - we don't have that here.

Bob

Sycamore grows like weeds around here along creek and river beds. It's nice looking for woodworking, but it is a PITA to process. Saturated with water when green, and heavy. Twisted, interlocking grain makes it difficult to split. Once dry, it burns okay enough, not very dense or much btu output, but it burns.

Personally, I think ol' gunny only posts here for the lulz...

Sycamore grows like weeds around here along creek and river beds. It's nice looking for woodworking, but it is a PITA to process. Saturated with water when green, and heavy. Twisted, interlocking grain makes it difficult to split. Once dry, it burns okay enough, not very dense or much btu output, but it burns.

It can be a good tussle to split it even with a splitter at times because of the twisted grain and yes very heavy when wet but light when dry. I personally like it for some reason, seems to burn nicely but like you said medium heat output but not bad. A friend of mine said it reminds him of wet grass when splitting it when it's wet, kind of does smell like that.....

It can be a good tussle to split it even with a splitter at times because of the twisted grain and yes very heavy when wet but light when dry. I personally like it for some reason, seems to burn nicely but like you said medium heat output but not bad. A friend of mine said it reminds him of wet grass when splitting it when it's wet, kind of does smell like that.....

Yeah, I'd burn it again if given to me, but I'll never split it again. Burned a full cord of it during the late 17' season, it's not bad. Smells like a creek when wet to me. I remember trying to bury a maul into the green logs... It just bounced right off with a burst of wet mist...

Yeah but you are talking sycamore. He has scamore and sycomore..... Totally different species.

Yeah but you are talking sycamore. He has scamore and sycomore..... Totally different species.

Oh yeah, that's right... duh!

It sounds exotic, and I should hope so at $8 a box when I can go to just about any gas station or grocery store within a 50 mile radius and get a bundle of split hardwood for $5.... Though, they don't come in a box...

Oh yeah, that's right... duh!

It sounds exotic, and I should hope so at $8 a box when I can go to just about any gas station or grocery store with a 50 mile radius and get a bundle of split hardwood for $5.... Though, they don't come in a box...
Yeah $8 a box and have to drive to the fella's house to get it too.

Latest posts

Back