Firewood Helpers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am the old guy with the experince every one calls for. Have fell my share of trees with a cross cut, dad on one end and me the other. Also did my share with a double bit plumb axe.
My help is a good sharpe chain on a saw chain on a few good saws My bota bucket and ford 5000 gas with a trailer.
enhance

I don't have to worry about others that way and like it.
When he still lived at home I tried to get my son involved but Just got tired of looking for him.
Sic him on a trailer load say empty it in the furnace room TODAY and leave so I didn't have to hear the whinning.

Limmer and small stuff.

Limmer and bigger stuff I meen biggggggger stuff.

xIgFDdX.jpg

My favorite for the really big stuff.

yRV7Viz.jpg

A bunch of help moving wood and pileing it.
mpO0uor.jpg

Some more of the crew all together. Some stayed home for reasons of their own.
V8LbLxM.jpg

Almost for got the Paser and trailer.

enhance

:D Al

Nice rocks Matt. We rode our motor cycle to Maine years ago some place we dropped from Ont. Ca. into New york just before lake Champlain. Loved seeing all the rock wall fences but wondered how the farmers enjoyed picking them all up? Often wondered how many got sice of it and moved to the great plains?

James they may show intrest right now but when they get older doing real work will have no intrest and girls will day dream of boys and boys will day dream of girls. You will have to keep telling them to get their minds back on what they are doing.

Three gussses How I know this?

Our boys love to help, but they're thirty five miles away and have families, and very busy lives of their own.
Had pneumonia this fall and both boys helped out with the last of my deliveries.
As for cutting and splitting, I'm on my own, with occasional help from a good friend that just loves helping out and running saws. The help goes both ways.
The grand kids are 6,3,3,1. The oldest has helped stack splits in the wood shed, and load the quad trailer a few times. He is young, so we keep it short. He did a great job, plumbing it up too, as we went. Young kids love doing things with parents and grand parents, not so much for them.

8B9EE5A5-834B-4A11-8416-B5EDF14948E5.jpeg 579779CA-B65D-49DA-B899-8A4D4F15B895.jpeg My helper is my buddy since we were babies. I sure miss him when he is Montana with his bee business. He’s really good at moving the big stuff at 6’4 and 350 the extra 140 lbs makes a difference.

Nice rocks Matt. We rode our motor cycle to Maine years ago some place we dropped from Ont. Ca. into New york just before lake Champlain. Loved seeing all the rock wall fences but wondered how the farmers enjoyed picking them all up? Often wondered how many got sice of it and moved to the great plains?

James they may show intrest right now but when they get older doing real work will have no intrest and girls will day dream of boys and boys will day dream of girls. You will have to keep telling them to get their minds back on what they are doing.

Three gussses How I know this?

Sometimes I get tired of rocks. Can't dig anywhere without hitting boulders. And have rock walls in the middle of the woods. Must have been fields at on time. Walls like this one are all around the property 20190908_105003(0).jpg

Back