Firewood prices on the rise ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok my eyes have been opened. Walk my property twice daily waiting for perfect moment to harvest that special hardwood tree. Precise aging to obtain optimal btu output and consistent ash size and color. Stack by hand to obtain superior reduction of moisture for lowest smoke discharge. We have over 120 face cord ready for the low price of $1200 delivered within 5 miles or $950 loaded in your truck or trailer. 2 free hand selected pieces with every 5th load.:rock::clap::dancing::wtf:

Start hauling it my way I'll take the whole 40 cords for $1200!

What area are you in? Sounds like the market is great there !!

Actually it is very good. I am in the San Bernardino mountains in Southern California about 80 miles east of Los Angeles. For most of the last two months have been mild consequently sales have not been great. Like many businesses I do not sell until people are willing to pay premium or will wait until next year. Oak has a great shelf life so am enjoying the lack of people calling demanding cheap deliveries. Thanks

Firewood is a local market. In my area low heating oil prices cap how much most will pay. The other issue is the market for low grade wood disappeared in the area due to a couple of pulp mills reducing output or closing altogether. The state of Mass also no longer recognizes wood as renewable so that cuts down on the demand from biomass plants. There usually is an uptick this time of year as the weather gets cold and folks realize they don't have enough dry wood. Next weeks cold snap will also drive up short term demand.

Only in Mass could plant life be classified as non-renewable.

Latest posts

Back