Firewood Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swsanderson

Reaction score
I have 85 acres of land and have pushed over about 20acres of trees. Im going to cut them up and sell as firewood. I have a husky 455 rancher which is good for cutting down a tree every now and then but not for cutting 20" trees up in 18" chunks.

At my shop they have a husky 572xp and 372xp. Which one would you all suggest or is there a better model i might need

562xp. Had one since 2012. hands down my favorite saw of the many I have. Will pull a 24" bar no problem stock. I keep a 20" on mine. I'm not a 70cc guy, but have ran both saws you mentioned. To me it's a hard pick. The 372xp had been around for a long time and is a great 70cc class saw. Pretty agile in the hand and not overly heavy. The 572xp has more grunt after its broke in. It's heavier and not quite as nimble. I attribute it to being built a little heavier then a 372xp. But it has a heavier built case and larger crank bearings. I expect them to be a very durable saw. For chunking your size tree id take the lighter 372xp, if I'm being honest I'd still prefer a 562xp on 20" ish wood. It's lighter and faster in the cut in that size wood. 24" plus the 70cc saws start to shine through. I'm personally a fan of the auto tune carbs, they just work. The bugs have been worked out years ago now and it limits the possibility of a lean run issue.(If you're not great at tuning carbs.)

Back