Firewood tarps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...I realize that I'll lose the grommet holes on one side of the tarp...

You can pick up a kit for installing your own brass grommets at Walmart, K-Mart, Shopco, various fleet stores and whatnot. Usually they contain a dozen or so grommets, the hole punch and the crimp die(s)... it will cost you less than the price of a box-o-beer. Most often I see them in the "camping" area, close to the tent stakes, water proofing and such. I've used 'em, they work, and they're easy to do. If you fold the "cut" edge under a couple of times so the grommets are installed through 2-3 layers the edge lasts longer and the holes are more durable.

I don't cover my firewood... never have...

And I'm all about freedom... so I don't have used underwear to throw on the stacks either...

I'm so sick of the cheap poly tarps leaking and falling apart that I'm thinking about calling mytarp.com and having 18 oz PVC tarps custom made for my woodpile. I think it would be worth it in the long run.
I'd love to find rubber roofing, but haven't been able to.

Check with local billboard companies you can cut those pvc ones, glue and repair them too.

I tried folding them to fit but water runs into the fold and causes trouble. In the winter when it freezes I can't get it out and it ends up weighing hundreds of pounds. I guess I could poke some holes in the fold.....

I tried folding them to fit but water runs into the fold and causes trouble. In the winter when it freezes I can't get it out and it ends up weighing hundreds of pounds. I guess I could poke some holes in the fold.....

Make the pile the size of the tarp.:cheers:

i_don__t_always_make_memes_by_blackhawkgod17-d4jqvk9.jpg

Underwear

By the time I'm done with them they are so nasty that the only thing left to do is throw them on the woodpile

They make a great fuel source as well

It's no secret that you use the dirty ones for washclothes.:hmm3grin2orange:

That would explain why Ross walks around with that #### eating grin.

This thread needs.....

bustedtees.5dfffb0974089551439a08cc70a742d3.jpg

Yes, yes it does. This thread also needs more mention of Scotch, leather bound books, and my dog Baxter.

I :heart: Firewood and tarps

And moisture meters, and the Mingo, and the X27

But what about Stihl Ultra, and fuel stabilizer? Do you love them, or are they just yesterdays news?

Back