Firewood thieves...gonna be a bad year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stealing

A good idear is to put down tyre spikes below the surface as long as you remember they are there.:mad:

Branding your firewood.

the splitter that I rent has a few tiny (1/4) spikes on the foot plate to keep the piece from slipping off, leaving an indentation.

If a person had their own splitter, they could have spikes put on that have their initial(s) on it. this would at least deter the neighbor, if not other thieves.

It would be like branding a cow, but with firewood.

a reg customer called the other day from wears valley and said her firewood was also stolen.:censored:
Hey Trevor, what have you been up to man? Havent heard from you in awhile, thought maybe you fell out of a tree or something!
What the heck are you doing hauling wood clear over to Wears Valley? Thats got to be 50 miles for you one way! Hope they are paying you good.....

Hello to you too ed! I've been pretty busy doin some things for the county over here. Some residential as well. You know funny you mention it, Wears Valley is about 50 miles for me, but remember i've worked sevier county for 6 years now and have a lot of regular customers over there. Usually i deliver the wood on the way over there to a tree job or fertilization, etc. That way i really get double pay for the delivery if ya figure one delivery and gettin payed travel to the tree job. Works for me pretty well. Anyways i'm glad i burn firewood, cus it's helpin the power bill here at home lots. Take er ez and hope you're doin great!

log theif

drill a few logs out put small tear gas pods in reseal place a load away from your main pile were they can get to easy they only steal once

It's funny. As rural an area that I live in, you'd think it would be easy for theives? Not so. It seems like everyone knows everything going on around here. It good I guess cause people watch and know who's done what. No problems telling you either!

I had a raccoon up in the eves of the house. One evening at dusk, I was able too pop it with my trusty Ruger 10/22 on the way out it's entry point. By now it's getting dark. I take it and trudge down a cell tower road about a half mile at into the side of the road turnround for crow bait. Next day my nieghbor sees me at the post office. She says gosh, "someone" took a dead raccoon down my cell tower road and let it in the woods. I said hmmmm? (as my face colored I'm sure). Want me too get rid of it? No she says the other animals have had at it. I think it was just her way of telling me she knew exactly where it came from! We live about 1/8 mile away and no one inbetween. I just had too laugh at it. Hidden camera's maybe? :)

funny thing about east Tennessee.

as much as i miss it and plan to come back,them boys will steal anything and everything.they will here to but i have only had a back pack blower stolen here.

down there i had a lot of stuff stolen.they even tried to steal my motorcycle,fortunatly they only got a couple hundred feet.

Back