Firewood too long...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine don't look quite as neat, guess I need more practice.
212277d1324343985-stacks-jpg

or a case of OCD:eek2:

The best way to get what you want when ordering firewood is to ask specific questions of the seller. Length, species, seasoning time, delivery costs, stacked or dumped, etc.

A high quality seller is going to have all those answers for you ( plus some more you probably didn't think of ) and usually asks you first. It's usually easy to weed out the "schmuck with a truck" this way. It may help to have those questions in front of you so you don't forget to ask once the call starts. As a seller, I usually have a list of things to ask the buyer in the same way.

So, it's a little bit your fault for not being specific ( live n learn ) but the seller didn't make much of an effort either. In my experience, the best sellers are usually ones that do firewood as their primary business or as a serious hobby, not the ones who have to "get rid of" unwanted wood as a sideline of their primary business ( land clearers, tree services ). There are exceptions to both of course.

The good ones are out there, and the more you know yourself ( by spending endless hours on AS.... ) the fewer bad apples you'll get.

Back