firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is at least one that is available in reversable model - cat 1 mount. don't remember which name as was just cruising for cat 1 attachments.

Before the day of front end loaders, those 3 point scoops were used for everything....a LOT of basements were dug with a 3 point scoop.

Mines reversible, you can use it foreword or backwards...

SR

I don't doubt that one bit. That thing is rarely used anymore because we do have 3 other tractors with FEL's on them. Sometimes you just need a small nimble tractor though.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

jd 5400 68hp 3 cyl turbo with forks / bucket and rear pallet box that hold little over a half cord to bring in wood to the house in the winter The first picture with the tree on the forks - thats a 28 inch bar on the 046

Attachments

• IMG_0036_2.jpg
    IMG_0036_2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 618
  • IMG_0675_2.jpg
    IMG_0675_2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 584
^ something like this is what want after I sell the hoe I posted earlier. This may be the dumbest question in the thread but how is that thing on the yard?

I want to buy something that I can use all over my property without tearing it up to much. Obviously won't be truckin through the yard when its wet.

When it comes to tractors, wimpy tires = no yard damage... Get some aggressive tires and everything changes!

SR

I don't know about that. Cab on the deutz here has saved me from getting "branched" before. Plus, sudden rain, etc, and place to store stuff.
Ya it is nice sometimes,but I had a loader with no cab for years and got used to easy on off. I guess the grass is always greener haha

20140610_171656.jpg 20140610_171710.jpg Got her out and running after sittingfor 3 years. Carb had to be clcleaned. Gas smelled like varnish. Only will start if the fuels turned off at the filter though. Then open it up and she runs great. Not sure whats going on there.

I have several tractors I use to collect and gather my fire wood.

This 1954 Massey Harris Pacer is small enough to get around in some tight spots in th ewoods with out clearing a bunch of trees and brush away. The Blade comes in handy to push brush in nice rabbit piles too. does a good job with the snow also.

The 1951 model 30 will pull bigger trees out in a hander area to cut them and also runs the front mounted buzz rig very well/

When you need real pulling power the 1949 55 or the 1957 555 is the answer.

555massey.jpg
[/URL]

The loader on the 1961 Allis D17 is on the light duty side but will pick up some big hunks of wood to load in the trailer that woods splitting isn't a option.

:D Al

Back