firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 628881 Just bought this Italian made tractor. It needs a little love, but eventually I think it will work good in the woods as long as I don’t have to buy to many parts for it!
Some models of those have hollow "up side down" U frames and won't take a lot of abuse, you may want to check that out so you don't break it in half as I've seen picts of two of them broken.

I've always passed on buying them, because the couple I looked at, didn't have live power...

They do look neat though...

SR

Cool looking tractor. What is it exactly? I have always wanted a Pusquali but they are non existent around these parts.
I wonder if Tractordata has any info on it?
Enjoy, looks like you've got yourself a helper there too :)

I am very happy with the Ford 6600. This is what we achieved last week hauling logs out for 1/2 the day, and splitting the other half. Temperatures was between 36 an 42 degrees C, not very comfortable, but it means that split wood is well below 18% in just 4 weeks.
ff8e09aef8877496c175180062867091.jpg
5e3245c6b6c555ac27cb9774da8f0de5.jpg
7938d6acd4ffc8def0085213d2a6e57c.jpg
76e9ae99f9cf6510198477ab254ad9d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk

View attachment 628881 Just bought this Italian made tractor. It needs a little love, but eventually I think it will work good in the woods as long as I don’t have to buy to many parts for it!
Is a cool looking old tractor, Joe.
Some models of those have hollow "up side down" U frames and won't take a lot of abuse, you may want to check that out so you don't break it in half as I've seen picts of two of them broken.

I've always passed on buying them, because the couple I looked at, didn't have live power...

They do look neat though...

SR
Rob, is the frame something you could box to heavy up, or too much work for too little result? It's cool enough that if I found one running I'd bring it home, now that I know what to look for. Or, maybe I should just stick to my old Massey's, Joe.

Is a cool looking old tractor, Joe.

Rob, is the frame something you could box to heavy up, or too much work for too little result? It's cool enough that if I found one running I'd bring it home, now that I know what to look for. Or, maybe I should just stick to my old Massey's, Joe.

Modifying a tractor from without input from an engineer seems a little dangerous. I especially wouldn't take input from rarefish. He seems to have difficulty understanding how a longer lever arm can apply more torque with the same force applied. Pretty simple concept- just compare the twisting effort needed with a 4' peavey vs a 6' peavey. Oh, and he says he can't remember stuff :)

Modifying a tractor from without input from an engineer seems a little dangerous. I especially wouldn't take input from rarefish. He seems to have difficulty understanding how a longer lever arm can apply more torque with the same force applied. Pretty simple concept- just compare the twisting effort needed with a 4' peavey vs a 6' peavey. Oh, and he says he can't remember stuff :)

Hey, whoa whoa whoa, you guys can do whatever you want in your other thread, but keep this junk out of the tractor thread

Other thread got locked down. Moving it over here...:)
give it a break dude. nobody want to hear your BS. if they did your other thread wouldn't have got locked. sorry tractor guys had to do it. some pics of the New Holland TC 55 DA haulin some wood in the rock bucket a few weeks ago. 4 buckets make about a 1/2 cord.20180115_105149.jpg 20180117_144520.jpg

give it a break dude. nobody want to hear your BS. if they did your other thread wouldn't have got locked. sorry tractor guys had to do it. some pics of the New Holland TC 55 DA haulin some wood in the rock bucket a few weeks ago. 4 buckets make about a 1/2 cord.View attachment 629105 View attachment 629107

Give what a break? It was pretty clear I was joking! Relax.

give it a break dude. nobody want to hear your BS. if they did your other thread wouldn't have got locked. sorry tractor guys had to do it. some pics of the New Holland TC 55 DA haulin some wood in the rock bucket a few weeks ago. 4 buckets make about a 1/2 cord.View attachment 629105 View attachment 629107
That tractor looks pretty sick. I’ve always like the way those New Holland’s looked. I looked up the specs...55 ponies?? 2 thumbs up.

Back