firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked this little guy up today. 2325#, cat 1 three point hitch rated at 1575# 24" back, 25 hp, only 2wd, but the rears lock. Nice selection of gears. Canopy mounted on ROPS. Price was right at $1,800.

My brother has a set of 4 link chains that will fit right on the 13.6-16's. Should be a nice little wood puller. Time to try out the Norwood Loghog

Picked this little guy up today. 2325#, cat 1 three point hitch rated at 1575# 24" back, 25 hp, only 2wd, but the rears lock. Nice selection of gears. Canopy mounted on ROPS. Price was right at $1,800.

My brother has a set of 4 link chains that will fit right on the 13.6-16's. Should be a nice little wood puller. Time to try out the Norwood Loghog

Very nice. With some chains and some weights on the front that'll make a nice little rig.

3F91B451-FF81-4726-9A5C-9F94BC905B9D.jpeg 61253A76-A5C0-4AA9-90E7-4908F66AD63F.jpeg 6807C061-4F29-4D20-897F-65964B774A38.jpeg 0BB794EA-4CED-43B6-AA8F-169100355614.jpeg 0D4EFFE1-59E0-4789-A393-2F0A6ED3BA5C.jpeg 990DDC37-FABF-464B-B009-C00EA1927341.jpeg 175A2507-4C62-4A46-897B-17DE2CE703F8.jpeg 95908E7F-3710-4E59-ADF9-5DA2CF712FA9.jpeg C7252BC5-877A-4BDB-BA28-88681273D58E.jpeg 44C0FC54-54C2-4D81-BA52-FFC96796746B.jpeg I worked my little tractor today. I am more and more impressed with what it can do. This was a huge mess for me today. It was almost fruitless but a did manage to get some split. I’m not really sure of the wood. It is definitely a soft wood. It seemed pretty heavy but when split is was lighter than pine. Either way the owb will eat it.

Been working my little guy some too:IMG_2854.JPG IMG_2855.JPG done about 10 stumps around the yard since I got it. Been working great.

What's left of a 48" red oak stump cut about a year ago.IMG_2856.JPG

Looking at their chipper next.

W

I cut/skidded out some Aspen today,

standard.jpg

Straight sections will be milled into "stickers" and the rest will be cut into firewood for my shop...

SR

So, I cut 5 of these out of those Aspen,

standard.jpg

and loaded two of them on the BSM and started milling "flitches",

standard.jpg

Once I had them all milled into flitches, I turned the flitches on edge, and got started milling out the stickers,

standard.jpg

And I ended up with over 200 of them,

standard.jpg

Not too bad, making something "useful" out of something folks keep saying is "junk wood"!

SR

As a kid growing up I carryed many a load of pople fire wood in the house for mom's wood burning cook stove. Was as good as any thing else for the big old warm morning pot belly stove too.

Made a lot of grain bins and other thiungs inside buildings too as it was good stuff if kept dry for building.

:D Al

Pic fail. Dammit!
I have to tell you that I had some major uploading issues because of an issue with my internet. I was getting .18 mps upload speeds. It took over 4 minutes for 1 photo. I called the tech and he took out boosters that I had in the basement and installed regular splitters. My WiFi speed is now over 100mps download and 15 mps upload. You’ll be seeing more pics on my end.

My helper came over today, to help me cut out/up a huge oak that had blown over, some time ago...

The limbs were so high in the air, we used an apple box on my forks to cut out of,

standard.jpg

With all the limbs cut off it, I started skidding them out,

standard.jpg

And then, I raised the limbs/trunk pieces over my wagon or set them into the wagon, and we cut them to firewood length,

standard.jpg

And S :) :) N we had a pretty good load at a little over 2 cords,

standard.jpg

My 562xp did good today,

standard.jpg

We also used a 350, and a 550xp when limbing and a 268xp/24" bar on the bigger stuff along with the 562xp. :)

SR

Ya back in Oct. Wish I had gotten the Allis I had been dealing with the dealer over.

enhance

The bota is so narrow scares the crap out of me a bunch.
What I was looking for was a diesel tractor with a front loader with hrydrlic dump bucket.

Banker did not want to release the funds for a used tractor but would for a new one about $12,000 more dollars.

Every one assumes what scares me is having no ballast on the rear. Really it is the stability of it. I had a load of seasoned Ash in the bucket about 3 feet off the ground and ran over a chunk of frozen snow and was on 3 wheels till I dropped the bucket.
Rear wheel spread is a measly 55 inches in the rear.
I was able to widen it out to 63 inches recently during some nice weather but have not tested it yet.

Any way this morning your pictures came up that you had to pay a fee to 3d party post them like Photo bucket. that is why I told you about postimages and imguer.

As for ballest on the rear, normal weel weights for Massey Harris, IH, Olivers I have about 12,000 pounds worth will not fit the deep dish wheel of the bota.

They want $1,000 for a measly 500 pounds of weights that will fit the botas deep dish wheels.
Thought about getting lifting weights and adapting them. Ya right they are going for nearly a dollar a pound.

So far I have added a cast center Massey 44 about 385 pounds to use when I don't need the 3 pt.

I put 4 Massey suit case weights on the back blade, their about 65 pounds each.

One time I really wish I would have told the banker **ll no I want a real tractor.

Ya back in Oct. Wish I had gotten the Allis I had been dealing with the dealer over.

enhance

The bota is so narrow scares the crap out of me a bunch.
What I was looking for was a diesel tractor with a front loader with hrydrlic dump bucket.

Banker did not want to release the funds for a used tractor but would for a new one about $12,000 more dollars.

Every one assumes what scares me is having no ballast on the rear. Really it is the stability of it. I had a load of seasoned Ash in the bucket about 3 feet off the ground and ran over a chunk of frozen snow and was on 3 wheels till I dropped the bucket.
Rear wheel spread is a measly 55 inches in the rear.
I was able to widen it out to 63 inches recently during some nice weather but have not tested it yet.

Any way this morning your pictures came up that you had to pay a fee to 3d party post them like Photo bucket. that is why I told you about postimages and imguer.

As for ballest on the rear, normal weel weights for Massey Harris, IH, Olivers I have about 12,000 pounds worth will not fit the deep dish wheel of the bota.

They want $1,000 for a measly 500 pounds of weights that will fit the botas deep dish wheels.
Thought about getting lifting weights and adapting them. Ya right they are going for nearly a dollar a pound.

So far I have added a cast center Massey 44 about 385 pounds to use when I don't need the 3 pt.

I put 4 Massey suit case weights on the back blade, their about 65 pounds each.

One time I really wish I would have told the banker **ll no I want a real tractor.

Sorry to hear you're not liking the Kubota Al. I bet you will notice a big improvement with the wheels spaced out. I assume you have fluid in the rears, but if not, that's a must in my opinion. You can also get spacers for the rears if you want to take them further out.

Well, I have a 3 point weight box with cement in it, you interested in it?? I'm not exactly sure what it weighs ??, but it should help your Kubota stay on the ground...

SR

Back