firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDRMNKY

ArboristSite Dork
Reaction score
lots of "new to you" tractor threads, and folks getting firewood use out of em'...

rather than brag in someone else's thread, I'll drop this here...it's a good pic
10262022_10202772632094261_6740006562241435848_n.jpg

a few weeks ago before the rains, my son and I were clearing a space to plant an english walnut
this is part of two hackberry limbs we took down...we also dropped a black walnut that had ice storm damage, and two HL's that had no business being in my yard
he's a good helper for a 4 yo

go ahead...brag about your firewood "tractor" here...

anyone have something rusty and purpose built?

Sold the aging skid steer last fall, been looking for tractor like yours, that isn't beat to junk yet doesn't require a new mortgage to acquire. ( Well, I can dream can't I )Getting to the point of just ordering a new one( ouch!) Pro's and con's either way. I can write it off as a equipment capitol expense over x years, doesn't help much still got to pony up the green backs up front. Been procrastinating for several months now.

Don't log without one--love my Bob Cat front loader--worth every dime--pays for itself. The bigger the better--the small 'compact' tractors made by Kubota and John Deere might have the HP but are just too light and flimsy.

Glad I bought a bigger one--wish I had a backhoe!

No pics, but we use a couple Kubotas here. A old L3750DT & newish L3800DT. Logging, firewood they are hard to beat!

I ended up selling my kubota 2850, what a great tractor that was. It was replaced by a bobcat cr335 with loader, backhoe, forks and a rake, so far so good, not sure I am going to like the additional weight and reduced clearance and r4 tires in the woods.

I lost my tractor pics in the great site-crash of '13. :( I'll try to update this summer.
Kubota B7500 w/ a bucket.
Nice haulers there guys. Be careful though. Stuff happens real fast with the small tractors, especially when you're front-loaded.

Latest posts

Back