firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Al, I like Allis tractors, but the 180's and 90 are getting pretty dated. Then with the tranny problems many 190XT's had, I don't think I'd buy one today...

SR

I would be sure to test drive one before plunking money down on nd I would also ask for some type of warranty

I tried to get my brother to buy a Allis 200 with a cab. He bought. a Massey Ferguson 65 instead. said the 200 was to big for plowing his garden and useing a big Bur Vac snow blower in the winter.
the injector pump went out and finally killed the 65.
Bought a Allis WD to replace it.

img.axd

:D Al

I would be sure to test drive one before plunking money down on nd I would also ask for some type of warranty

I tried to get my brother to buy a Allis 200 with a cab. He bought. a Massey Ferguson 65 instead. said the 200 was to big for plowing his garden and useing a big Bur Vac snow blower in the winter.
the injector pump went out and finally killed the 65.
Bought a Allis WD to replace it.

img.axd

Really does look like it would pull a house down. What a moose!!!

I just thought it would be great for snow blowing having a cab and those rear view mirrors.

That thing would have made the snow fly. My brother in law has a 1850 Oliver and a Geoge White snow blower and I bet that thing will pitch wet sloppy snow a good 100 feet.

If I lived there I would have gotten thre 200 and did custom snow blowing.

Their used to be a fair amount of AC tractors in my area farming and doing acreage work. As the dealers went away so did the tractors. There are a few Agco tractors around but with the dealer being 80 miles away pretty much JD and Case IH around this area for the most part. You see a few of the other brands of the smaller tractors on some acreages around too.

Yes we see a goodly number of 9, 8 and 2 N series Fords the thousand series also 3,4,5 & 7's. A good sprinkling of Ferguson and MF tractors and lots of Allis wd's and the D series and a few 180 thru 190's

But the only dealers left and most are several miles away that sell more than sub and compact tractors is JD and Case IH stuff.
That stuff is bigger stuff in the 150 + hp range.

I looked at a new compact Farmall tractor. they felt it was plated with gold and I thought it what sloppy engineering and cost way to much compaired to Kubota, New Holland, koiti, LS and others.
Even that green and yellow stuff labled JD in the compact market is powered by yamar engines.

I feel your pain SR. No snow does not make a winter. Mud season day after day then below and nerly below zero just sucks.

But I havn't used near the wood I have in past winters.

al-k, weld an old galvanized milk crate on the box for you mix, oil and other stuff. Plenty of room; I use a double one to hold two 2 gallon cans, a gallon of bar oil, about 10 wedges, two sets each of muffs, gloves and goggles, and a 3# drilling hammer. It isn’t mounted; I just toss it in the truck. For your tractor, if you can find one of the old long single row rectangular ones would be even better. My father used one mounted to the tractor roll bar for years.

Ron

The Kubota was on a job so I decided to bring the Wacker in the woods with me this weekend. We were about 20 minutes from home, I cut and brought a young man to toss rounds and drive the wood out of the woods with the Wacker. In a day and a half we harvested and brought 1.5 cord to my folks, 1.5 cord home for my self and 6 cord to sell. The wacker proved to be fast and nimble but doesn't like very uneven terrain or side slopes.

Attachments

• wacker1.jpg
    wacker1.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 64
  • wacker2.jpg
    wacker2.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 62
4x14 with a large ro. 1700 taps all buckets. Did 400 gallons of syrup last year. Best year was 900 in 2013. We have a room that's 16x20 on the end of the sugar house. With that filled to the rafters I figured there's enough there for 600 gallons with the ro. View attachment 697888

NOTHING like the smell of a sugar shack...

4x14 with a large ro. 1700 taps all buckets. Did 400 gallons of syrup last year. Best year was 900 in 2013. We have a room that's 16x20 on the end of the sugar house. With that filled to the rafters I figured there's enough there for 600 gallons with the ro. View attachment 697888

I missed this post last week. 4x14 here too. No RO though. I hung buckets until 2 years ago. Used to run 300-400. That was plenty. I can't imagine running almost 2000. Switched to vacuum because the 3/16 tubing made it so cheap. Made about 185 gallons on 300 taps last year!!rps20190128_133444_549.jpg

Back