Firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was sold out of seasoned firewood back in October, so the odd winter hasn't hurt me at all. Plowing has been a little slow though.

I can echo that. For the first time in probably a decade, we sold out of firewood, and early on too. The Thanksgiving to mid-December rush had a lot of snow then not again until this week. I still haven't gone to bed since I had 4 hours of sleep on Tuesday. Hmm, almost Sa????ay now!

wood

Our sales have been hurt pretty badly by the weird weather here one day it will be 70 then the next 32. We have sold around 1700 firewood bundles this year over 3 months usually its around 3000 bundles of wood. Our truck loads of wood sold have really been taking a beating we usually have a rack at the road we sell last year I had to stack it 2 or 3 times a week now it is once every 2 weeks or so. I'm not complaining though I like the warm weather better any way.

Wood sales

This is my third year and I sold out but still am scraping my woods for dead fall. Phone calls keep coming.
We may of had a mild winter. But the gas prices have people turning to wood for heat.

Requests were up for backyard firewood was up since the only good thing about the lockdown was that it brought people back to grassroots. I live in Toronto, big city but no shortage of fireplace customers though a large majority don;t have fires places, let alone use them. We have the most condo construction in the world. Longtime tenants are constantly losing their lake view to new builds and sometimes lake view in ads means a sliver between two condos :)

Latest posts

Back