First carving (chisels)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saiso

Mountain Ranger
Reaction score
My wife bought me a good set of wood chisels roughly 2.5 years ago and I’ve only took them out a few times since.

Before my eldest son was born, I worked on this piece a little every morning while I drank my coffee. Unfortunately I haven’t had the time to work on anything else but I enjoy carving, just inexperienced ATM.

It’s not really « complete » but I’m still happy about the outcome. I didn’t bother putting a top coat on it or a stain as I liked the look of the natural wood. If I’m not mistaking, the wood is Butternut.

It’s obviously not as nice as everything else posted in here, but I’m still happy for someone that decided to just pick up some wood chisels and start making a dent in wood. No power tools/Dremel were used.

Working around the tree was a tad difficult because it kept breaking and chipping so it’s a little rough around the edges.

Osias is his name :heart::rolleyes:

Attachments

• BB20F3CF-4C00-42FF-8AA4-62D435E8125C.jpeg
    BB20F3CF-4C00-42FF-8AA4-62D435E8125C.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
Looks good to me . I myself am not much for hand carving anything that is made of wood but I have to admire the people who have the patience to do carving with hand tools .

Looks very good and I like the theme. What kind of chisels are they - flat chisels? carving chisels? ?
They’re small hand held chisels that have a beveled wooden handle to fit in your palm.

Came with a couple flat chisels, couple angled, a couple U and one V.

Latest posts

Back