First Fire of the season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're close to a record for precipitation. The records 40 inches or so. Heatwave this week. Burned a little off and on the past 2 weeks. 9 cord in the shed hope to have some left over. Good mix of black cherry and oak with a little popular and box elder.

wow, were in middle of heat wave here in TN, leaves are falling because of lack of rain rather than change of season it gets into 90's every day and outside burning has been banned

Not a heat wave, but summer won't let go, evenings are coming off though and at least the humidity had been relatively low during the day. Rain has been very little, leaves started turning a month ago and are not starting to drop. Grass is brown and dry. Dry summer, very different from last year.

gate2.jpeg gate1.jpeg Ha we just had a typhoon go through last week View attachment 760506 View attachment 760506 View attachment 760507 and it raped the local Navy base. dropped 4 big trees and totally blocked the womble gate access. the front "main" gate was open but its hard for trucks to run through it due to the bollards and barriers. what a cluster fark .

Since then the temps have started dropping here in kanagawa. I am sure the Cabin will need a fire in the next couple of weeks.

Snowed off and on Sat nothing was sticking though. This was this morning, snowed off and on today. Supposed to get into the 20's next few days for lows. View attachment 762616
Nice. Where abouts are you located?

This was here (Idaho) today4B705344-5A3E-41E7-B1AD-018334D131D8.jpeg

Actually more central, McCall area. Friend of mine lives in panhandle, they got 8”.
Oh ok, sounds like a nice area.
McCall is a great area. I used to drive through there when going to Colorado alot.
I also do alot of whitewater rafting, Riggins is where it all started for me. Luv that little town.

Been burning steady just not hard. Lowest was 39-ish going up 78-ish tomorrow. Forecast has rain 6 out 7 days. My sons been bear hunting hasn't seen a thing since the acorn drop started.

Going to have to start this weekend. 50-low 60’s during the day and breaking into the high 30’s at night or low 40’s.

Guess I should put the baffle and other parts in the stove tomorrow [emoji16]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Back