First fire Quadra Fire pioneer 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homemade

Certified Chainsaw Tester
Reaction score
aefa234db1ce4b4659e96b4acbd4da3c.jpg

Well technically it was the second one. Just trying to burn the oil and crap off.

Get that baby HOT!!

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Well I got that baby hot. Air intake wide open for 3 hours while burning red oak. Still could not get the blower to turn on. It got so hot I could barely grab the door handle. The stone and mantle were too hot to touch.

There is a guy from the installer company that is coming over to take a look at it tomorrow. I see there is an access panel under the fire brick so I’ll have to open it up and see if I can bypass the snap switch.

So do you like the insert? We're looking to replace are old VC free standing wood stove and I think I'm losing the fight with the wife to get another stove over an insert.

Yeah. So far so good. It’s not an insert though. It’s a built in fireplace. Really I think the insert, fireplace and stove are all the same engine in a different car. The blower is a tic loud on high but is much quieter once I throttle it back little.

The draft controls are nice. The auto combustion timer is nice to set and forget. The firebox is a much shorter north to south then East west. Maybe only 12” deep but 22” wide. So I cut some of my wood in half to load N/S just to get things going and get a bed of coals. Then fill it up with a E/W normal as length wood. I haven’t had a fill and see how long I get heat out.

Back