first hand experience so far with Vermeer SC60TX

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erwin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
finally the season started and I got to use my new Vermeer sc60tx. pretty much anything under 24", takes less than 5 min; 24-30" maybe 5 to 15 min. Just did a 50 inch white oak died last year, 30 min. all grind at least 6 inch below grade. I have to say, WOW! I'm definitely happy with my new investment! Erwin

Been using my Vermeer sc60tx for a while. This past Saturday, however, it’s the first time I got a chance to put it to the ultimate test. From 8am to 4pm with nice lunch break, I was able to finish a 3/4 acre land clearance job. All together about 25 stumps ranging from 12 to 45 inch. Got paid $1700. A third of the stumps has rocks in the dirt or sometimes embedded in the roots. Only one lightly chipped tooth. Did put some good wear to the brand new set of teeth. If I were to know what I know now, I’d put the old set of teeth on for this job. It’s such s joy to blow out a big one in 20 min.

I think over 60k new. I got this 2008 machine for 21k from a highway construction company. It only has 800 hours verified by Vermeer. Keep looking. Erwin

Latest posts

Back