First impression of the Stihl 241c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put an hour meter on if if you are so inclined.
anyone know how to hook up the 241 to a laptop? i think i read somewhere that it can be done. i jokingly ask my stihl mechanic how he was going to work on the m-tronic saw since they don't uses computers. (horse and buggy mennonites) he said they had gotten the software from Stihl but it's just sitting in the box.

anyone know how to hook up the 241 to a laptop? i think i read somewhere that it can be done. i jokingly ask my stihl mechanic how he was going to work on the m-tronic saw since they don't uses computers. (horse and buggy mennonites) he said they had gotten the software from Stihl but it's just sitting in the box.
Email Stihl and ask a tech.

Add me to the list, picked up a 241c this am and ran her a bit this afternoon. Figure it will round out my 3 saw plan very well. So far I'm super impressed and I'm sure like my 362c it will get better around 4/5 tanks thru her. I did go down to a 14" bar as many have said that's where she shines.

461 is stupid good
661 is a different animal
241c just makes me smile and laugh at what it can eat up. It's going to be interesting to see how often I run this as my 362 now 461 (sold my 362 for the 461) have been my go to saws.

I was going to do that and add the Snelling gills on the mag side when I do mine.

Trying to get some guys together this spring to run the various 40-45 cc saws against each other so I have a baseline from which to do the muffler mods.

Sadly, my 241 hasn't seen much run time since I started this thread. Its sitting all by itself while the big boys get to play with real wood.

img_0640-jpg.560169

I've heard of mods by fabz that deliver 60% gains. You should check those out.

Well , if you read what he said , sharp chain and muffler mod was were it was at so I have , he was right ;)
Gonna go for the extra 4% and sand all the paint off the bar next ....

Sadly, my 241 hasn't seen much run time since I started this thread. Its sitting all by itself while the big boys get to play with real wood.

img_0640-jpg.560169

Umm , you suck ...

I mean that in a kind and most respectful way , really ....

Had a 200t at one point. That was my favorite.

I cut that entire tree with the 241. Less than a tank of fuel.

Sent from a field
The 241 is better for limbing and light ground work I have plenty of 200T's and I much prefer the 241 C for that . Why didn't you keep the T?

Latest posts

Back