First mod to Englind 28 3500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
For lack of a name I will call the plate at the top of the furnace a reburn plate as I believe it is for burning cresol from the smoke. It slides on a pair of channel iron rails but only had two pins, one on each side in the middle as guides. I have had that plate fall down twice over the winter after bumping it putting a full load in for the night. To replace it I had to let the fire burn down to the point there were not enough coals left to restart the fire.
Now that it has warmed up I removed that plate see what is happening to allow it to fall. I cut 6 small angle pieces from some small angle iron rail (1") I have. I welded one on each corner so it can not twist and fall. For good measure I drilled holes in those factory pins for lack of some thing to call them. I also drilled holes in the remaining two angle pieces I had. Put the plate back up where it belongs made sure it slid properly then used 1" long 1/4 20 bolts to put the angle on that I had drilled the hole in so it now rides under the channel locking the plate from raising and twisting.
Next is to make some sort of center handle on the ash pan that folds out of the way when in the ash pit.

:D Al

Back