First Time Back In.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewoodlands

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I finally made my way back on to our property that I do most of our cutting on, there are still a few areas that I'll stay out of because of the snow and a few more that are just real wet.

This widowmaker will be left for mother nature to take down, it's a Hemlock. Today was just a day to make sure the trails were clear.

Attachments

• 101_2352.JPG
    101_2352.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • 101_2354.JPG
    101_2354.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 41
Good call... Let the top fall naturally then carve a middle finger straight up in the stump!! Send more pics on the progress!!

Good call... Let the top fall naturally then carve a middle finger straight up in the stump!! Send more pics on the progress!!
We've had some windstorms miss us but it's time I check the hemlock to see if it came down, hopefully this week. I've never carved anything but it sounds like a nice project I could do for my SIL. :omg:

The rains have finally stopped so I'll make a run back in this week, we have received almost double our rainfall amount for this month and that's without todays rainfall.

It seems like you are ready to work.
I'll be busy until the snow hits the ground, last year we cleared around 40 -42 pine trees for the new garage that went up last summer. We must have six years of shoulder season wood that some needs splitting and stacking and the rest needs c/s/s.

We started felling the ash on the backhill because our county has EAB, that needs stacking too.

I went back in today for a ride, everything looked fine but that Hemlock was still hung up so I might make a secondary trail so we're further away from the stump end of it just for safety reasons.

Back