First time milling.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The spring loaded nuts cost a bomb here in Australia so I ended up making them out of some 1/4" thick flat stock. the spring is not necessary because the angle iron cross pieces are rarely if ever removed from the rails.

Since I made my mill I've stumbled across a heap of 14 gauge including the nuts and one of the fellas at the tree loppers yard backed a forklift into one of my sets of mill rails twisting one side of the rials quite badly. I use pieces of unistrut often in my home shop especially for things like jigs and prototyping. Also

This is a CO2 cylinder holder I made from 14 gauge that allows the cylinder to be easily inverted for decanting the CO2 into smaller CO2 cylinders for soda makers.
IMG_6614.jpg

Here's another use of the HD stuff.
1200mmLB.jpg

The spring loaded nuts cost a bomb here in Australia so I ended up making them out of some 1/4" thick flat stock. the spring is not necessary because the angle iron cross pieces are rarely if ever removed from the rails.

Since I made my mill I've stumbled across a heap of 14 gauge including the nuts and one of the fellas at the tree loppers yard backed a forklift into one of my sets of mill rails twisting one side of the rials quite badly. I use pieces of unistrut often in my home shop especially for things like jigs and prototyping. Also

This is a CO2 cylinder holder I made from 14 gauge that allows the cylinder to be easily inverted for decanting the CO2 into smaller CO2 cylinders for soda makers.
View attachment 548823

Here's another use of the HD stuff.
View attachment 548828
I would love to dress up my axe heads on that belt. That is a fine modification! I'll make sure to purchase some extra to do just that!

Picked up my lumber from the kiln. All of it warped and twisted. I think he tossed it on top of the stacks. Charged $1 per board foot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back