Fiskars/Lowe's???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skeans, you must be a bear of a man [emoji106].

I think the only downside of the fiskars is that they chip quite easy because of the type of steel they use. And it is hard to repair.
But breaking, I have never heard of. Other than break by car tire or fire.
And many very strong guys with not as much skill use our fiskars, (often trying to out chop me, a very skinny guy but with some chopping skill [emoji28]) but never even saw a crack.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Buy thr eFiskers from Lowe's first. Take it home and use it. When you discover it is over hyped piece of crap you can return it.

Then go to a Husky dealer and buy the non hyped up husky splitting axe.

77.jpg

Yes it has a wooden handle so if you over swing a lot and miss thre wood with the part that is supposed to do the splitting wrap the handle with some nylon rope. Hot melt glue works great to hold it in place.

You won't be sorry you got a 30" handle and a axe that isn't so over hyped.

:D Al

Buy thr eFiskers from Lowe's first. Take it home and use it. When you discover it is over hyped piece of crap you can return it.

Then go to a Husky dealer and buy the non hyped up husky splitting axe.

77.jpg

Yes it has a wooden handle so if you over swing a lot and miss thre wood with the part that is supposed to do the splitting wrap the handle with some nylon rope. Hot melt glue works great to hold it in place.

You won't be sorry you got a 30" handle and a axe that isn't so over hyped.

:D Al
Not sure about it being "overhyped", but it certainly works great for me. I have a number of Fiskars garden tools as well as my forestry tools and have found them all to be of good quality and have a great warranty if ever needed. I have never used a good hand forged splitting maul/axe like you have pictured here so cant compare.

I have an x27 and it works great. Best axe I've ever owned. I have a Walmart hatchet that is a copy of the fiskars too and it also works great. I wanted to buy the estwing hatchet but I couldn't pass this one up. It seems like companies can copy the fiskars design as long as they modify it slightly, like the shape of the handle.

I believe that some users have a splitting swing that is not suited to the Fiskars and then report that it is garbage. Oh well. I would say that a monster maul is useless in my hands and I have no desire to ever try one again. But I say "hat's off" to those that can use them effectively. They are just not for me.

My method with the Fiskars splitting ax seems to work well and I can tell you for sure that it is far less tiring than the same amount of time using a standard 8 or even 6 pound maul. 90+% of my wood is split with it. Those rounds that don't have a hint of a crack get put in the bummer pile for when I break or the hydraulic splitter once or twice a year.

I've split all my wood for the last 3 years with the fiskars and a 10lb sledge and wedge. This year I gave in and borrowed a splitter for ash rounds that were 12 to 24 inches in diamater. The x27 seems very efficent and not very tiring when splitting ash. That's y I dont have the maul. It's faster than a splitter too until you get into the bigger stuff.

If theres a better axe for 50 bucks I'd like to find it.

Back