Fiskars or logrite Hookaroon

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperDuty04

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So I’ve never used a hookaroon before but have read enough about them to realize I need one. I’ve narrowed it down to these two. I like the longer length and more weight the logrite offers but the Fiskars has excellent reviews too. Anyone here actually used both and can comment on which they prefer and why?

Have used both and I actually like the type with the flat side, axe type handles. When you grab the kind with round pipe handle you always need to look at the tip and adjust so its pointing correctly to poke into the wood. When grabbing the flat side handle it self orients and is ready. May seem like a small thing but it's my opinion. My brother has a Fiskars and I have a logrite type......I prefer the fiskars.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Have used both and I actually like the type with the flat side, axe type handles. When you grab the kind with round pipe handle you always need to look at the tip and adjust so its pointing correctly to poke into the wood. When grabbing the flat side handle it self orients and is ready. May seem like a small thing but it's my opinion. My brother has a Fiskars and I have a logrite type......I prefer the fiskars.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Thanks for your response. I’ve read that about the round handle but figured it would be easy enough to add something to the handle where you could tell which was it was pointing without needing to look.
I thought the extra weight and longer handle on the logrite may allow it to work better.

Latest posts

Back