Fiskars X27 in East Coast Canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saiso

Mountain Ranger
Reaction score
Heard a lot of good things about the X27 on this site so I’m getting ready to buy one. I’m having trouble finding one locally in the shops so I’m wondering where you bought your X27.

Amazon sells it for 120$ CAD or so. Home Hardware lists it online but seems like they can’t get it in the store. Canadian Tire didn’t have the X27 model, but they have the all black 36” maul.

Is 120$ reasonable for this? I’d hate to buy through Amazon if I can find it cheaper, closer.

How much did you pay? Where did you buy it?

Thank you!

Just checked on their website, listed at 162$ CAD. I’ll keep looking for now.

So far, cheapest is Amazon for 120$.

Thanks

Same enough anyway. :)

Edited to add: it's the previous generation of the same thing. There's threads on here about the differences, but they're minor. If one was cheaper than the other by $10 I'd buy that one. At $60 it's a pretty easy choice!

As the guys have posted , close enough to be the same .
I have the X25 and have split up a lot of woood with it , it's one of my go-to splitters .
A friend has an X27 so I'll borrow it one day to see if I like it .

I got 3 of them at a warehouse store here in NC on sale for 36$ USD. I read a lot of reviews on them and wrote the thing off for a long time. Wasn’t spending 60$ on a splitting axe. When I seen them on sale in BJs Warehouse the other year for 36$ I bought one. Within that next week myself as well as my Dad and Uncle were amazed so I went back and bought 2 more. It’s the tool I used to split 90% of my wood and mostly split oak. It’s been a game changer for me and if I had to now. I’d drop 60$ on one. Wouldn’t like it. But I would.

Back