ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Fiskars...

Cycledude

Cycledude

ArboristSite Operative
I purchased the dead blow hammers for me and my two sons. Funny they all cracked at the same time. All snap on dead blows. They won’t answer my emails for the warranty.

With Fiskars Is there a expiration date when these will crack? I hate to be using it when the pieces go flying.
Maybe you could post some pictures here to show exactly what your talking about ?

Smacktooth

Smacktooth

ArboristSite Member
Curious how sharp y’all keep your fiskars splitting axes? It comes with a very sharp edge, which I have let get somewhat dull, with the thinking that a régular maul doesn’t need to be sharp to be effective, but curious if the splitting axe is different. I’ll probably sharpen it up again to see if it makes any difference, but curious what others experience has been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smacktooth

Smacktooth

ArboristSite Member
I purchased the dead blow hammers for me and my two sons. Funny they all cracked at the same time. All snap on dead blows. They won’t answer my emails for the warranty.

With Fiskars Is there a expiration date when these will crack? I hate to be using it when the pieces go flying.
Sorry to hear they’re not responding. I had the plastic at the top of the handle on my isocore maul crack, took picture, did the Warrenty claim process on their website, and got a new one within a week.

Snap

ArboristSite Operative
Curious how sharp y’all keep your fiskars splitting axes? It comes with a very sharp edge, which I have let get somewhat dull, with the thinking that a régular maul doesn’t need to be sharp to be effective, but curious if the splitting axe is different. I’ll probably sharpen it up again to see if it makes any difference, but curious what others experience has been.

Keep mine sharp like it was when new. Figured there must be a reason they manufactured it that way.