• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 390XP's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid more for my new 385 Xp. Why am I throwing $$ into old saws? I’m going to wait for his next deal. This is a great buy. I think my sons buddy just paid $1,200 for his 390 xp.

MSRP for a 390XP w/20" 3/8 .050 B&C is $1,179.99, so I would say that $825 PHO/SHIPPED is a Smokin Deal ;)

I already had my 390XP when Dan offered these:(

A 372XP, 562XP, or 543XP would fill holes in my collection better than a second 390XP would, Great saw, and I am Glad that I have mine, but right now, I will have to get by with what I have

Doug :cheers:

I haven't used my 390XP for milling, most recommend the 395XP for milling, over the 390XP, but I sure won't say that it would be a BAD choice.

Just my own Best Wild Ass Guess, but I would say that it would likely be fine for a 30" Mill, Maybe a 36".

Remember, with Mill "Sizes" the listed "Size" is the length of the Mill Frame rails, NOT the mill's Capacity, OR, the bar length needed.
My 36" Granberg at Max capacity has 33.5" between the clamp faces, so regardless of listed size, figure 2.5" less capacity

On my bars, I don't clamp the nose end any closer than about 2.5" from the bar tip, you don't want to crush your nose sprocket or bearings, you will have 1" of bar clamp, and about 2" of Dawgs, unless you remove them, so whatever mill "Size" you buy, figure at least 6" longer on the bar, than the size of the mill, to fully utilize your mill.

Obviously Hardwoods are going to demand more from a saw than softwoods, and you haven't said what kind or size of wood you want to mill, so I can't say whether the 390XP will be adequate for your needs or not, but as has already been said, you don't need to have any concerns buying from Dan, he is a Well Known and RESPECTED seller here on AS, Many have bought from him, and I have yet to hear of any complaints, but a LOT of Thank You's, for a Great sale.

Doug :cheers:

The only thing I have milled so far is a hemlock. I do have some cherry, white oak, and elm sitting. I have been using my 562xp on a 28" bar but it struggles. Looking for something that can easily support a 36" bar.

I've got two more of these sitting here ready to ship. Just waiting for the coronavirus measures to lift so I can ship again to the US.

Shipping still an option to Canada at the moment--no restrictions there.
Any good deals on 2188?

Are any more of these still available?

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Back