• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 390XP's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there mfg date 2006? Do they come with Barry and chain?

Brand new with box. Selling PHO @ $825 including shipping.

Right there tells you No Bar and Chain, if an AD states PHO, that Means Power Head Only

Even without a B & C, that is still a Heck of a Deal, IIRC you have a thread about a good choice in a Large Firewood saw, you aren't likely to find a Better deal anywhere.

The 390XP is an Excellent Large Firewood saw, I Love mine, and Dan has an Excellent Reputation as a Reputable and Reliable seller

It would be hard to go wrong with this deal IMHO

Doug :cheers:

I haven't bought from Dan yet, I WISH that I could have gotten one of those NIB 346XP's from him, but the timing wasn't right, but there have been MANY here who have bought from him, and I have yet to hear the first complaint about anything, dealing with Dan.

"Word on the Street" or internet;), is he is The Man to Deal with:)

Received my saw as well and everything looks good. Sure, the manual isn't english but a google search for a downloadable PDF is easy. I'm sure you could find a manual if you really need it. The saw arrived quicker than expected (before I got back home from travel).

Received my saw as well and everything looks good. Sure, the manual isn't english but a google search for a downloadable PDF is easy. I'm sure you could find a manual if you really need it. The saw arrived quicker than expected (before I got back home from travel).
Agree 100%. Just being a smartazz, easy to find online. File is too large to download here, if you need one PM me your email.

Hi, would this be a good saw for milling (granberg) ? How large of a bar can this saw comfortably run? Thanks, Terry in Michigan

From what I’m reading, it’s a top notch wood saw or felling saw. Not so much in a mill. Idk though, I don’t have any experience to back that up.

Hi, would this be a good saw for milling (granberg) ? How large of a bar can this saw comfortably run? Thanks, Terry in Michigan

I would mill with it as a homeowner or occasionally. This is my view, and others may disagree, but for me the 390 is an excellent saw up to 36" bar. You may be able to run longer, but I don't have any experience with over a 36" on one.

Oiling is always the problem with longer bars. I typically run a 28" on my 390 for all around cutting. If you are going to mill a lot and go after 36"+ logs, I'd opt for a 395, 084, 088 or 3120.

They have the bottom ends and the oiling capacity to handle that sort of torture on a more frequent basis.

I haven't used my 390XP for milling, most recommend the 395XP for milling, over the 390XP, but I sure won't say that it would be a BAD choice.

Just my own Best Wild Ass Guess, but I would say that it would likely be fine for a 30" Mill, Maybe a 36".

Remember, with Mill "Sizes" the listed "Size" is the length of the Mill Frame rails, NOT the mill's Capacity, OR, the bar length needed.
My 36" Granberg at Max capacity has 33.5" between the clamp faces, so regardless of listed size, figure 2.5" less capacity

On my bars, I don't clamp the nose end any closer than about 2.5" from the bar tip, you don't want to crush your nose sprocket or bearings, you will have 1" of bar clamp, and about 2" of Dawgs, unless you remove them, so whatever mill "Size" you buy, figure at least 6" longer on the bar, than the size of the mill, to fully utilize your mill.

Obviously Hardwoods are going to demand more from a saw than softwoods, and you haven't said what kind or size of wood you want to mill, so I can't say whether the 390XP will be adequate for your needs or not, but as has already been said, you don't need to have any concerns buying from Dan, he is a Well Known and RESPECTED seller here on AS, Many have bought from him, and I have yet to hear of any complaints, but a LOT of Thank You's, for a Great sale.

I would mill with it as a homeowner or occasionally. This is my view, and others may disagree, but for me the 390 is an excellent saw up to 36" bar. You may be able to run longer, but I don't have any experience with over a 36" on one.

Oiling is always the problem with longer bars. I typically run a 28" on my 390 for all around cutting. If you are going to mill a lot and go after 36"+ logs, I'd opt for a 395, 084, 088 or 3120.

They have the bottom ends and the oiling capacity to handle that sort of torture on a more frequent basis.

Speak of the Devil;)

Dan I have used a 36" B&C on my 390XP, it has done just fine in Softwoods, mainly Doug Fir, White Fir, Cedar and some Ponderosa, seems to oil it just fine.
I ordered my 390XP with a .404 sprocket, so I can use the same bars as the 395XP and 3120XP on it, but with the inboard clutch, it shouldn't be a problem to change out to a 3/8 sprocket, if I want to put a smaller bar on it.

Running full skip chain, it has chewed through all my logs like a Rabid Beaver on Steroids, a Fun saw to run, for the cutting I am doing

I paid more for my new 385 Xp. Why am I throwing $$ into old saws? I’m going to wait for his next deal. This is a great buy. I think my sons buddy just paid $1,200 for his 390 xp.

Latest posts

Back