flowering crab

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guntruck

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am getting ready to remove two flowering crabs and install two new ones. The old ones have like 8" calibers and the ones im installing are going to have a 2" caliber. I am going to give this complex a 1 year gurantee stating if the tree(s) die within the a year of the install date they will be charged the wholesale price of the tree and we will supply labor and materials. The tree costs me 158.00 and im charging 250.00 installed. Im charging 400.00 for removal of the old, am i in the ballpark? Is there anything i should look out for? This is my first tree job so im being cautious, thanks.

I think you are on the right track. I would personally double up the price of the new trees. That way if they do die you can replace them and all you are really out is your labor. So what I am saying is charge $316. You are just protected a little better. The only thing I would say I would look out for is, if the ball of the tree is fairly awkward to move, rent the ball cart at the nursury you buy them from. They make them a lot easier to man handle. I would also read this post: http://arboristsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=71. It will help on the planting portion.
Hope the job goes well,
Darin

Back