FMC Wayne Chipper Manual [Download]

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoahJ

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
FMC Wayne Chipper Operation Manual: (2 links for redundancy)

FMC Wayne Chipper Parts Manual: (2 links for redundancy)

(Manual courtesy of the excellent Arborist JimR.)

The Wayne chipper I have runs off a Chrysler gasoline LA 318 engine. Service instructions for the LA 318 will be found in an old auto manual. Here's a good directory:

The LA 318 appeared in 1967, so I'm referencing the 1972 Plymouth manual (http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/servicemanuals/1972_Plymouth_Chassis_Service_Manual.zip).

This information is the culmination of a very helpful forum thread, here: http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/what-is-this-thing-fmc-wayne-chipper.253089/

Thanks for doing this. I get more calls for Wayne manuals then anything else.
The mediafire link you have for the op manual is actually of the parts manual.

Thanks for doing this. I get more calls for Wayne manuals then anything else.
The mediafire link you have for the op manual is actually of the parts manual.

Great, happy to help! Fixed the links.

You mean the "bed knife bolts"? I don't know about them.
But I'm pretty sure the bearing are not available or if they are would be extremely expensive. I'm sure you can find some replacements though. Just remove one and take it into a bearing shop and see what they can find for you.

I own one of these chippers. We also own a machine shop and I'm about to make some replacement parts. I am wondering if anyone else is in need for parts n such. I will be making prints for my parts, however am considering to add other replacement parts for these old beasts.

I own one of these chippers. We also own a machine shop and I'm about to make some replacement parts. I am wondering if anyone else is in need for parts n such. I will be making prints for my parts, however am considering to add other replacement parts for these old beasts.
I own one as well. Curious to see what parts your going to make.

Back