Foley Belsaw 308 grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the motor itself bad (electrically open or shorted) or just the bearings bad? That should just be a shaded pole motor with no internal switches, start relays or capacitors.

have it rebuilt

Check the yellow pages for electric motor repair. I have had many motors rebuilt to like new,and it's cheaper than ya think.

I'd have to agree with skid row on having it rebuilt if the case is still good. I've been down that road may times and always with good results. Finding a good shop to do it is half the battle. I usually do them myself if I can get the replacement parts at a reasonable price. I have even had the wiper motor rebuilt to 12v from 6v on my 39 Dodge coupe. Ask the key questions like: do you guarantee your rebuilds? Will the stator and poles be checked for resistance within specs? A good shop does all this automatically when they rebuild electric motors. Good Luck!

I'd have to agree with skid row on having it rebuilt if the case is still good. I've been down that road may times and always with good results. Finding a good shop to do it is half the battle. I usually do them myself if I can get the replacement parts at a reasonable price. I have even had the wiper motor rebuilt to 12v from 6v on my 39 Dodge coupe. Ask the key questions like: do you guarantee your rebuilds? Will the stator and poles be checked for resistance within specs? A good shop does all this automatically when they rebuild electric motors. Good Luck!

Last post in thread was 3 years ago...

Grinders use very little current its speed not torque you require

voltage, shaft size, rpm, frame size and mounting type that all the info you need

and start trawling the net for one

second hand or new you should get a better price that way.

Latest posts

Back