Food and Beverages From Customers...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were working for this lady who had won the lottery.
She brought out tea and hung around while we drank it.
It didn't taste too good.I don't think I even finished mine.
When she went away, my boss told me that she had tried
to kill her husband by lacing his tea with bleach.
I wonder what I drank that day...

While was working for NYC parks dept we took a tree of the roof of an italian restaurant years ago, tree had taken the power out so the restaurant was closed but the owner was so happy he had the crew come in for a buffett lunch including dessert. He had his wife cooking on a gas stove. gave us cheesecake and all kinds of italian pastry that he could not keep because of the power outage. We ate like kings. Not very productive for the rest of day either. :)

It's a rare job when someone doesn't ask if we want coffee or need water or something similar. "Nope, we bring water. We're self sufficient." I will drink a beer or two at the end of the day, and that's okay when it happens.

A couple years ago we were doing a job for a guy who was just all around fun. He had his grill set up in the yard and made a big deal about, "Don't bring lunch tomorrow, 'cause I'm gonna fix you sausage & brats." He said it several times. Cool! Next day, about an hour into work he says, "Hope you brought a good lunch." But he grilled for us just like he'd said.

Worked for a guy that was a manager at a big Mexican restaurant and let everyone on the crew eat for free at restaurant

I was offered coffee during a morning estimate early this week, but I kindly declined as I’ve never met them before, they seem nice but you never know now a days.

I usually supply coffee and lunch especially on bigger jobs as it’s just two of us.

A few times home owners have gotten us pizza with out asking.
People constantly ask us if we need water... probably every single job...

We have wonderful clients, most days clients make us coffee or tea

We get offered beer probably every second week, crew get them, I drive home.
We have been fed everything from curry to home made pizza. Get bottles of wine quite often to. We did a quick job for a regular client and she left me about 200 dollars worth of wine as a thanks.

We have clients who love to cook and love feeding a crew of thankful guys up. Its awesome but makes for tough climbing afterwards.

Worst was a client who made us coffee with salt instead of sugar, pretty funny at the time

I got fed very often since most of my clients are referrals. the best ever is home cooked Danish beef barley soup! way better than the one I got in a fancy restaurant!

I cannot say what was the best, but I've had bar-b-q in the inner city, and hot soup on cold days in the exurbs. I'd say the blue collar people treat you better then those with more, they know what a days work is like and appreciate it when people work hard for them. The upper crust expect it from you.

Sorry Mr Sanborn, I think my mom was one of those entitled people I think you actually worked for Please accept my apologies on her behalf-- I've been trying to get that idea through her head for years but she doesn't get it even though her own son is working class.

We did a job last summer for a landscaper at one of his client's, and when the client came out and asked if she could add a few more trees and asked what it would cost, I joked that we would do it for coffee and cake. Then she says "Actually, I just made a cake yesterday." Something like that. Anyway, as we're finishing lunch, she comes out with a big ass slice of double decker chocolate cake for everyone. And it was really good, like a big brownie. Everyone just about fell asleep after eating lunch and then the cake. That was awesome!

And we got paid for the trees too. :D

We did a job last summer for a landscaper at one of his client's, and when the client came out and asked if she could add a few more trees and asked what it would cost, I joked that we would do it for coffee and cake. Then she says "Actually, I just made a cake yesterday." Something like that. Anyway, as we're finishing lunch, she comes out with a big ass slice of double decker chocolate cake for everyone. And it was really good, like a big brownie. Everyone just about fell asleep after eating lunch and then the cake. That was awesome!

And we got paid for the trees too. :D

That really must have been something.

On a planting job I dug up the women’s bulbs when planting Chrysanthemum’s. She was outside with us chatting away. I was working pretty fast and when I replaced the bulbs I put them in upside down. She was sharp and caught it quick, but thought it was hilarious. She bought me lunch for nearly a month straight after from the local deli. Sometimes a mistake pays

Back