Foot ascender - Painful

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

futbalfantic

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I must be wearing my foot ascender wrong. After taking 2-3 steps that thing digs into my ankle something fierce causing severe pain and pretty good bruising. I have looked all over for correct placement but I cannot find anything definitive. How am I supposed to wear this thing without the ungodly pain?

which one do you have?

the are probably 2 adjustments, right? Slide the cam around so it isn't hitting above your boot, then tighten everything down.

CT quick step. It’s not hitting above my boot. I wear 8” boots. They are not super heavy boots but are leather. I crank them as tight as I can get them but they still dig in.

I got the same problem with the same foot ascender. My 8 boots are paper thin steel toe that I love for hot weather work but my ankle doesn't love the ascender. It's not so bad that I get bruising, but it's not comfy.
Yesterday I was fiddling with something on my lunch break and I put the foot ascender on over my sneakers to do something quick, and it was perfectly comfortable. Hate to say it but you probably want to find different boots or thicker socks. Only had the CT a couple weeks but I can't seem to adjust it to a comfortable position, only to a bearable one.

For me it's footwear related. If I fiddle with the positioning it does help tho, so don't discount that. The last thing you can change easily, if you're not using a knee ascender, is to"foot lock" by stepping on your own foot as you go up, and it spreads the load and makes it much much more comfortable

So where is the “correct” position on the foot. I tired looking at the manufacture information but nothing there. Is it supposed to be high, low, in the middle? Or just where ever comfortable.

For me, since the side of my boot is so thin, the lower the better for sure. Also make the straps as tight as possible so it lays flat as much as possible. At least that works for me

Latest posts

Back