• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold For Sale 2166R

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC Cole

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Bought this Jonsered 2166R from a well respected member of this forum. He did a MM and transfer cover grind. Purchased the saw in December and used it for about 10-15 minutes before I had a heart (attack while using a splitting maul.) I added a bar cover and an outside spike. Saw starts in 2-3 pulls as long as I remember to push the kill switch to the run position ( duh) . Has a 24" bar/chain, the discoloration is where the original vendor taped the chain to the bar. If I thought that I would regain enough stamina to use the saw I would definitely keep it. I had rather sell this here than on eBay since most forum members will know what this saw is. Price is $500 plus freight.

IMG_20200416_173805.jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200416173955268_COVER.jpgIMG_20200416_174138.jpgIMG_20200416_173758.jpg00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200416174040491_COVER.jpg

Yes. And yes. But not "more like", it is.
Wait what lol.
So, this is basically the Husky Equivalent to a 365, yes? And, with the port grind, it's more like a 372 now?

Sorry, just learning about the Jreds. This saw is beautiful. I wonder if the wife would kill me...
Yes, 365 in a red wrapper basically, same chassis and cylinder.
The 2166/2172 and the 365/372 xtorq all share the exact same cylinder and all those saws are 71cc. The 365/2166 has a restriction in the transfer covers, you remove the cylinder and then remove the caps, then grind the restriction and bingo now you have a 365/2166 that runs like a 372/2172.
Great running saws, I've been running this one a good bit since early last spring with the restriction in the caps ground out and the cylinder ported :rock:.
Last week I dropped this cherry with it and bucked it all up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 10.03.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 10.03.02 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
The 2166/2172 and the 365/372 xtorq all share the exact same cylinder and all those saws are 71cc.
They share more than just p/c, crank, case, fuel tank, clutch, oiler, muffler, etc. It's just red with a black top, different shaped rewind and top handle.:buttkick::popcorn2:

They share more than just p/c, crank, case, fuel tank, clutch, oiler, muffler, etc. It's just red with a black top, different shaped rewind and top handle.:buttkick::popcorn2:
I was trying to keep it simple so as not to confuse ;). I mainly wanted to make the point that they share the main components.
I didn't say they share the same fuel tank, that would be wrong, although they do mount the same :D.

Wait what lol.

Yes, 365 in a red wrapper basically, same chassis and cylinder.
The 2166/2172 and the 365/372 xtorq all share the exact same cylinder and all those saws are 71cc. The 365/2166 has a restriction in the transfer covers, you remove the cylinder and then remove the caps, then grind the restriction and bingo now you have a 365/2166 that runs like a 372/2172.
Great running saws, I've been running this one a good bit since early last spring with the restriction in the caps ground out and the cylinder ported :rock:.
Last week I dropped this cherry with it and bucked it all up.
Good thing that tree was cabled!!

And for a limited time this unit is available in Racing Red. ( I should have put that in the title, red cars always sell quicker):chainsaw:
But they get pulled over quicker too:laughing:.
Good thing that tree was cabled!!
If the house wasn't in the picture and I had the same drop zone I would have skipped the cable, but with the house there why not take a couple extra minutes, it's nice having the tractor/winch available for this type of cutting. Many of the tree jobs I take on involve something similar, it's pretty fun as there's a bit of excitement involved and a lot of precision guesswork lol.
I saw you're liking the 562:chainsaw:. Seems you're becoming quite the husky guy:happy:.

I know someone needs this gorgeous Red saw.
Surprised it hasn't sold yet.
I have one more stock one left and it has the crack in the clutch cover(I think I swapped that off this one for you iirc) and set up like this one I would get 550 plus shipping, great saws.
If you don't want these here let me know and I'll remove them.
I think this may be the saw.

Or you could buy new 462 and put a square chain on it and have a slightly faster saw, for a slightly higher price lol.
This was a little further into the buttress so the piece was a bit larger in diameter which accounts for the times being longer and the piece moving a bit, certainly not saying the 462 is a slouch, they run great, but for the money the jred is a great saw.

Latest posts

Back