• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Forbidden

hosocat

hosocat

ArboristSite Member
I know this is the wrong forum to post this, but I can't figure out how to contact the moderator. Yesterday, when I tried to read posts on this site using another tablet, which is the tablet I usually use, it wouldn't let me on. I got a notice that said "403 access forbidden". If the moderator can see this, can you tell me how to fix? I'm posting this from another tablet and it doesn't seem to have a problem.

Todo10

Todo10

Administrator
Staff member
I know this is the wrong forum to post this, but I can't figure out how to contact the moderator. Yesterday, when I tried to read posts on this site using another tablet, which is the tablet I usually use, it wouldn't let me on. I got a notice that said "403 access forbidden". If the moderator can see this, can you tell me how to fix? I'm posting this from another tablet and it doesn't seem to have a problem.
I need to know the URL you were trying to access to

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
I need to know the URL you were trying to access to
Same one as always. It's on your end Todo. Go to the Arboristsite fan club on Facebook and look at my screen shots from earlier this morning. Most of the time a 403 error comes up it is from the website end.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
It's not just one url that's the problem, it's the whole site. I haven't been able to use my android phone on it for about a week, and in order to use my MacBook I have to clear my history at least once a day, and the only history on it at one point was 7 or 8 pages from AS. BTW my MacBook is 100% updated running Catalina now, the only reason is because I was having so many problems on here I figured I would try it. I also normal don't even clear my history/cookies for over a yr, there's definitely a problem here.

Another thing that's happened about the same time which is just after the sites "upgrades" is that I'm getting emails for threads I'm watching, but only set up to get alerts on the forum. I've unsubscribed and then resubscribed and changed the setting to alert only and I'm still getting emails.

Also last night around 11 the site would not load on my laptop, the loading bar would move about an inch and then stop, so I cleared history/coolies once again(I had just don it a few mins earlier and it didn't help.
Thanks Brett

Joe Kuhn

Joe Kuhn

Hobby Repairman
I'm getting "Forbidden", "You don't have permission to access this site." This is when I try to jump to a post from an email on my phone. Example URL:

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/carb-study.342941/unread?new=1

Works from my computer just fine. Tried to clear my login & password in Chrome on my phone, but I still get the Forbidden message (403).

Admin help? Thanks in advance.