Forester Brand chaps any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion protective gear is only as good as the user. That means if you are careless in how you use gear you will be better off not using gear. Forester gear is decent period. If you walk into a saw running full throttle expecting the chaps to stop the chain they may not. If you touch the chaps for just a split second even though the throttle is wide open probably you will not need stitches. As I remember the forester brand has five layers of fabric and some other brands have seven. If they are too hot to wear when the sun is out you might not wear them so they seem to be a great compromise. Another aspect is when they come in contact to a chain they often will twist the front exposing the sides. So if you are careful and respectful in their use they are a good economic choice. Thanks

Personally I avoid forester chaps aso the backing tends to tear very easily. Then the inner stuff then snags on brush and you have white fluffy fuzz coming out of the back of your chaps. Husky chaps seem to have been a good cheap alternative for me or if you can spare the coin, double sided Labonville's are prime.

Personally I avoid forester chaps aso the backing tends to tear very easily. Then the inner stuff then snags on brush and you have white fluffy fuzz coming out of the back of your chaps. Husky chaps seem to have been a good cheap alternative for me or if you can spare the coin, double sided Labonville's are prime.

Excellent. That’s the info I am looking for. Local shop has w850kp (I think) for like $80.

Latest posts

Back