Forgive me Husqvarna gods I have sinned.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm confused as to y a brand new saw with today's oil quality needs to run at 25:1.

I thought about getting one to see how good it is for the price but I don't want to get made fun of when I have a stihl sitting on the ATV and I'm using a timber pro.

Brylcreem is that the stuff my brothers used on there hair in the 50’s? Lol I just had to go there. What about chain lube?

Use the timber pro for garbage wood like pallets, skids and wooden boxes cut up to burn.

Brylcreem is that the stuff my brothers used on there hair in the 50’s? Lol I just had to go there. What about chain lube?

Use the timber pro for garbage wood like pallets, skids and wooden boxes cut up to burn.

I like the circular saw or sawzall for that stuff hit a nail and whatever but hit a nail with a chain and you are done for a while. I use pallets as starting wood so I cut a lot of them. I also do the cutting in the garage so electric works much better.

I bought the 62cc timberpro with a 16 inch bar last year as I only cut a few cords of wood a year and couldn't justify spending more than a couple hundred bucks on a saw. Used saws cost a fortune around here, it was cheaper to by this saw new, being in Canada I paid about twice what your paying.
It works fine, I've cut 4-5 cord of fire wood with it and cleared/cleaned up a bunch of atv trails with it.
I'd say it cuts about as fast as a husky 450 or 455, its a just a hair slower than my neighbors 257.
I consider these Chinese saws to be better than the poulans that cost a bit more than they do as long as you add a O ring to the air filter and tune it. The down side to these saws is you have to tweak them a bit out of the box where a dealer/store will tweak a poulan for you.
I did a few mods as I cant leave anything stock.
I added a O ring under the air filter to seal it up better, did a muffler mod, retuned the carb(it was really rich out of the box), added a Oregon chain (21 lpx) and new clutch drum with a 8 tooth rim.
My saw runs left over dirt bike gas which is mixed at 40-1 without issue after tuning the carb.

I was given an older 46cc Chinese saw right after I bought the timberpro, it needed 10 dollars worth of parts and tuned, it now works good too. It's the exact same weight as the 62 and a little slower so its my backup saw, most parts are the same too so I can steal parts off it if need be. The 62 also has a primer bulb unlike the other Chinese saws so its starts in 3 pulls cold even after sitting for a month.

Manufacturers recommend certain ratios to meet EPA guidelines.

I use non-ethanol and good quality synthetic oil at 40:1 in every single piece of O PE I own, whether it be new or old, Stihl, Husqvarna, Jonsered, Dolmar, Pioneer, Echo, etc... as long as it is tuned right, it will run fine. Anybody who tells me to run anything at 100:1 can go f themselves. That’s pure stupidity.

The saw desperately needs a larger carb abs intake tube. Also it's not a 58cc it's a 52cc. It should be the same crank as the 5200 saws and 45.2mm bore vs 45mm of the 5200. The 5800 will have quad open transfers vs dual open on the 5200. The chain that comes with it is junk, and it's a stupid size, 325, 058 gauge 76dl, there's one guy on ebay that makes lgx chain that length from a roll and sells. Buy that before you even judge the saw if you don't make your own chain. You'll also want to put a couple wraps of electrical tape around the seam in the filter and put an oring in the groove it sits in.

It's a great saw for noodling, even stock, and killer once you mod the piss out of it. And they're easy to mod since replacement parts are stupid cheap. Like if the air filter pisses you off too much you can buy a pleated paper filter and intake and the high top plastics off aliexpress for like 14 dollars. Yours looks like it already has the high top plastic so you might get lucky there with the filter.

Of course right after I say it's good at noodling the clutch cover clogs for the first time.

Latest posts

Back