ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Forum traffic

Maximum!

Maximum!

ArboristSite Guru
I wonder if it has anything to do with the ban on political talk:crazy:
Everything is political. From the amount of snow we got this year, to forest management, to china saws, and everything in between. I’ve seen a lot of threads get locked and now the bored are bumping four year old threads lol.

Maximum!

Maximum!

ArboristSite Guru
There is just as much content.

Just less trash.
The topic wasn’t about content, it was about traffic, DAU’s. I see day old threads with very little views. It’s obvious people are getting bored when senior members are bumping lame ass 4 year old threads that no one else can even engage in just to say something, lol. I was just wondering if there was an issue why the traffic was down.

Maximum!

Maximum!

ArboristSite Guru
Yes, the traffic on the entire site took a big nose dive when they canceled the political forum. I kinda miss it but can do without being insulted for doing nothing more than posting a FACT.
I got a couple warnings for some things I posted in the WTF thread. Problem is, they sent a link to the post, but it was deleted so I have no clue what the issue was, lol. Now I don’t contribute to it anymore.

square1

square1

Addicted to ArboristSite
It's not only AS. Three other forums I visit daily are slow too. The Ford truck site had (9) threads with new contributions in (24) hours. The conversion van site with 1.1 million members had (43).
Neither of those sites had / allowed much political BS.

Red97

Red97

ArboristSite Guru
Facebook, and other social media have almost killed the forums..

It is the setup/ease of use. Along with the newer generations.

I'm just at 30yo, just started the Facebook thing a couple years ago. But joined my first forums at 14.

Social media is so much easier to see what you want when you want. Mindless scrolling with nothing but content.

No next page arrow, or different category. Just the info in the groups about whatever your interested in.

Some know things, and some info is b.s. people get a following and can do no wrong, others are the bad guy. Those same dynamics are what seem to be bringing the forums down... Facebook you take your ball and go stsrt another group. Start your own clique....

Forums give very little instant gratification, nor a safe place once the mob targets you for initiation.

Forums are much like the real world.... but people go online to escape real world. Fb is easy feels good couple that with a platform the encourages mindless scrolling of content.... Forums have their place, but they don't have much of a chance to thrive again.

Maximum!

Maximum!

ArboristSite Guru
It's not only AS. Three other forums I visit daily are slow too. The Ford truck site had (9) threads with new contributions in (24) hours. The conversion van site with 1.1 million members had (43).
Neither of those sites had / allowed much political BS.
I wouldn’t be announcing to the world that you’re a member of a Ford creeper van forum, lol.

Maximum!

Maximum!

ArboristSite Guru
It is rolling right along without you.
Lol! I wasn’t insinuating that it wouldn’t, just stating maybe this has something to do with the lack of traffic in this forum. I never posted any bikini girls, but I noticed that’s not allowed here now either. A few members commented that they wouldn’t be back over that.

Maximum!

Maximum!

ArboristSite Guru
Facebook, and other social media have almost killed the forums..

It is the setup/ease of use. Along with the newer generations.

I'm just at 30yo, just started the Facebook thing a couple years ago. But joined my first forums at 14.

Social media is so much easier to see what you want when you want. Mindless scrolling with nothing but content.

No next page arrow, or different category. Just the info in the groups about whatever your interested in.

Some know things, and some info is b.s. people get a following and can do no wrong, others are the bad guy. Those same dynamics are what seem to be bringing the forums down... Facebook you take your ball and go stsrt another group. Start your own clique....

Forums give very little instant gratification, nor a safe place once the mob targets you for initiation.

Forums are much like the real world.... but people go online to escape real world. Fb is easy feels good couple that with a platform the encourages mindless scrolling of content.... Forums have their place, but they don't have much of a chance to thrive again.
Yeah, you’d figure old time members and owners would be trying to help it survive, not drive members away so they can keep their ”click” and only the topics they want to discuss. Baffling to me with so much competition out there.