FOUND: Stihl MS 201 T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chenzzo

Reaction score
FOUND: CHAINSAW in Tallahassee, FL

This is a long shot, (and it's wordy, but I don't want to answer a million questions) but I found a chainsaw laying on the side of the road a couple days back. We looked all around and there was no one nearby, and no other tools or signs of work being done in the area. The saw was laying on its side up in the grass with scuff marks on it like it had fallen off a truck that went around the corner too fast. It's a professional arborist saw and I'm guessing someone is or will be missing it, but I didn't want to leave it there where someone who didn't care about getting it back to the owner might happen across it. I’ve posted this in local lost and found classifieds and on Facebook, and someone recommended I contact local Stihl dealers with the serial number to see if they could track it down but the first local dealer I talked to said the number didn’t show up on Stihl’s website. This is a $600+ saw and I’d like to get it back to its owner before I consider myself the proud owner of a new saw. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

-chenzzo

FOUND: CHAINSAW in Tallahassee, FL

This is a long shot, (and it's wordy, but I don't want to answer a million questions) but I found a chainsaw laying on the side of the road a couple days back. We looked all around and there was no one nearby, and no other tools or signs of work being done in the area. The saw was laying on its side up in the grass with scuff marks on it like it had fallen off a truck that went around the corner too fast. It's a professional arborist saw and I'm guessing someone is or will be missing it, but I didn't want to leave it there where someone who didn't care about getting it back to the owner might happen across it. I’ve posted this in local lost and found classifieds and on Facebook, and someone recommended I contact local Stihl dealers with the serial number to see if they could track it down but the first local dealer I talked to said the number didn’t show up on Stihl’s website. This is a $600+ saw and I’d like to get it back to its owner before I consider myself the proud owner of a new saw. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

-chenzzo
Good luck finding the owner, you’ll make some ones week if they get it back. Merry Christmas and welcome to the site!

I've been reading the site since we had our big hurricane down her doing research to purchase my own chainsaw. I definitely thought I'd make someone happy if I could this think back to its owner.

My hat's off to you for putting out the effort to try to get that saw back to its owner. It had to be a bad day for someone when they realized that their top handle saw had gone missing!

I live in the same general area, and I'm also a member of the brought-to-chainsaw-ownership-by-hurricane-Michael club.

My grandaughter's boy friend lost his saw out of the bak of his truck back before Christmas. He needed a saw as he was out of work and cutting firewood to make ends meet. I had a bunch of junk parts and we put together a saw so he would be able to keep cutting wood. A couple of weeks later a neighbor drove up in his yard and gave him back the saw he had lost. The neighbor had seen the saw fall off his truck and picked it up. Why it took him a couple of weeks to return the saw, I dont now, but at least the saw was returned. Now he has 2 saws and has gotten a regular job and steady paycheck. I guess things happen for a reason, sometimes we just cat figure out what that reason is.

Back