• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

SOLD!!!! FOUND!!! Wanted Stihl MS462

661Joe

661Joe

ArboristSite Operative
I wanna run one jist to see how they feel in the hand. Ive got a tree monkey 460 on the way back to me in a few days. From what i hear i wont out it down we shall see. When is the 462 due to release?

Conquistador3

Conquistador3

Le Comte de Frou Frou
Stocks right now are quite limited: the Stihl dealerships I visited in Bavaria a couple weeks ago had none in stock at the moment. Of course they can order it for you but you'll have to wait a week or two for it.
Things should improve from January albeit the local Stihl dealership has no idea when they will be available here: they have a release date but doubt there will be more than a few token units available right away. I hope with all the money i gave them I'll be allowed to test the thing. :laugh:

I think you Americans should hold your horses and wait until it's released locally as it will most likely be far cheaper than buying here even when shipping is not factored in.
Full retail price in Germany right now (including VAT) is €1429 for the regular version and €1499 for the VW (Artic) version. These come with regular 16" and 18" Rollomatic bars.
The version with a 20" Rollomatic Light bar you usually see depicted is €1483 (€1553 for the VW version).
These are the prices you should expect to pay right now: the saw is still brand new and stocks limited. It will surely become cheaper as time goes on and supply improves.

ferris076

ferris076

ArboristSite Operative
Stocks right now are quite limited: the Stihl dealerships I visited in Bavaria a couple weeks ago had none in stock at the moment. Of course they can order it for you but you'll have to wait a week or two for it.
Things should improve from January albeit the local Stihl dealership has no idea when they will be available here: they have a release date but doubt there will be more than a few token units available right away. I hope with all the money i gave them I'll be allowed to test the thing. :laugh:

I think you Americans should hold your horses and wait until it's released locally as it will most likely be far cheaper than buying here even when shipping is not factored in.
Full retail price in Germany right now (including VAT) is €1429 for the regular version and €1499 for the VW (Artic) version. These come with regular 16" and 18" Rollomatic bars.
The version with a 20" Rollomatic Light bar you usually see depicted is €1483 (€1553 for the VW version).
These are the prices you should expect to pay right now: the saw is still brand new and stocks limited. It will surely become cheaper as time goes on and supply improves.
I payed 1225€ with 28 ES Light