• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Four unloved Homelites, 150 Auto, 180, 240, 245

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curt Schoonmaker

Don't sell me your saw please
Reaction score
Just put these on Craigslist in DC, Northern VA, Leesburg, VA. If you're not too far and want them, anyone from here can have them all for $125. Pick up only for that price.
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/for/4922860900.html
Pictures in the ad. All need carb rebuilds. All lightly used. Got them from my father in law. He's the original owner. Each time one wouldn't start, he'd buy a new one. Got a couple Lombards too. They run. When they're pretty, they'll probably show up here.

I learned to stop collecting saws that separate horizontally, not vertically.

i hear ya brotha LOL. it takes a homelite enthusiest to want homelites regardless of how they "separate". i don't even list the homelites i get now. seems even at $25 i get no interest and then even if i do the guy wants it for $20 LOL. running saws too. they are worth more to me at the shooting range. if ya find a homelite guy he'll take them though i'm sure.

i hear ya brotha LOL. it takes a homelite enthusiest to want homelites regardless of how they "separate". i don't even list the homelites i get now. seems even at $25 i get no interest and then even if i do the guy wants it for $20 LOL. running saws too. they are worth more to me at the shooting range. if ya find a homelite guy he'll take them though i'm sure.

As with any saw manufacturer, certain models are better constructed, have greater displacement and are therefore more desirable. I will be happy to take the next 450/550/650/750/1050 or 540/8800 that you offer for $25.

The same as I will pass on a Husqvarna 137 or Stihl 170, I am going to pass on homeowner grade Homelites.

I'll go $50. I know one of those Homelite guys. He has an air conditioned and heated room where he keeps his babies in cabinets and his moonshine on the bench. You don't touch either without permission days in advance.

As with any saw manufacturer, certain models are better constructed, have greater displacement and are therefore more desirable. I will be happy to take the next 450/550/650/750/1050 or 540/8800 that you offer for $25.

The same as I will pass on a Husqvarna 137 or Stihl 170, I am going to pass on homeowner grade Homelites.

i can't sell any of them here regardless but i do rarely come across any desirable homelites. even if i did end up with one these days they would be shipped to north CA where they will be treated with the utmost care.

Just sold to a 19 yr old gear head named Justin. He'll be on the site soon. He didn't haggle, so I threw in a Lombard AP-22 that just came to life yesterday. He's got the disease. I thought he was going to pass out in my garage looking around.

Latest posts

Back