Freaking robbed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zogger

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Got hit last night most likely. Just found out right now. I have one clue, a strange dog we saw last night came around. I will look for this dogs owner around here..

They got a bunch of my good saws out of the barn. Dang, just dang, I'm poor. I'm the poorest guy around here. They got my big echo cs8000, husky 365sp, husky 246, a poulan 3400, and a smaller poulan, a 2xxx series whatever it was.

Gonna get the saws from my shop area and heap them up inside the house someplace..got no room to put anything but they are coming inside. My other tools, no idea what to do. We already never both go to town together, just to guard things, but obviously they snuck in late at night.

Got hit last night most likely. Just found out right now. I have one clue, a strange dog we saw last night came around. I will look for this dogs owner around here..

They got a bunch of my good saws out of the barn. Dang, just dang, I'm poor. I'm the poorest guy around here. They got my big echo cs8000, husky 365sp, husky 246, a poulan 3400, and a smaller poulan, a 2xxx series whatever it was.

Gonna get the saws from my shop area and heap them up inside the house someplace..got no room to put anything but they are coming inside. My other tools, no idea what to do. We already never both go to town together, just to guard things, but obviously they snuck in late at night.

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that I've been hit before and it hurts I grew attached to all my saws and climbing gear hard to replace them and not cheap either.All I can say is hope that MFER gets what's coming to him

Sent from my 3120XP

Oh man sorry to hear that. I've been robbed before and it hurts. Hope you find out who did it and they get what they deserve. These low life S.O.B have now regard for a working man trying to do their best to make a living , makes my blood boil

Sent from my 3120XP

Sorry to here you got robbed. Me too a while back. Any clues who knew you had all that in the barn? Thats your worst enemy when people know what you got.

dammit man i think id invest in a wild life camera.identy their azz, and probally send them to the promiseland.got no place in my heart for a fri##ING THEIF . HOPE YOU FIND YOUR TOOLS.PAWN SHOP OR YOUR LOCAL CRACK DEALER

Sorry to here you got robbed. Me too a while back. Any clues who knew you had all that in the barn? Thats your worst enemy when people know what you got.

Not sure. Lot of robberies around here. I think people just sneak around at night and look. My boss has been robbed a lot at the other side of the farm. We are the biggest farm around here so people know there are tools or whatnot to grab. He apparently lost around 30 or so used big fan motors the other night as well, older ones to be took in for warranty or parts/rebuilding.

I don't really have people come over to visit, but I have to work next to roads sometimes, etc, so people can see I have tools. No way around that.

I don't keep all of my whatevers all in the same place, but those were my nicer saws. I was just using them the other day cutting up a big oak I felled in the yard. It had to come down, it was been hit by lightning and was dropping big branches. I still had a bit more to saw up on it.

Economically, I really don't make very much at all, those saws-and my nice cutting boots are gone too-it's a lot for me. To replace them new is a lot, even used would be several months pay.

The echo is oddball though, it is unique in what it looks like and sorta rare around here, because of how I put it together from different saws parts, so I will check the usual pawnshop places and watch CL.

Can't say beyond that. I know of two distinct local "bad news" crews who live around here, and most likely more. We keep to ourselves, but I try to pay attention who might be good or bad around here, my default unfortunately is everyone is bad until proven trustworthy over time.

AAAk, tiny cabin, man, it's packed in here. I need a plan B on storage somehow.

dammit man i think id invest in a wild life camera.identy their azz, and probally send them to the promiseland.got no place in my heart for a fri##ING THEIF . HOPE YOU FIND YOUR TOOLS.PAWN SHOP OR YOUR LOCAL CRACK DEALER

Saw that oddball dog last night and my dogs were barking a lot. I *think* I might know whos dog that is, that would be a big coincidence to lose the stuff and see that dog, same night. I checked already where I thought..no dogs in the yard today, usually those local skunks have dogs. I'll check again until I find that particular dog. I think they just drove over close, cut across the fields, walked in, two guys, grabbed a saw in each hand, walked out, and their dog had followed them.

I *think*, I am guessing, but known local bad guys who only live like half a mile away.

UM loooook Im not trying to be a smart ass here
I know first hand what the OPs going through as Ive been cleaned out twice and was nothing like well off and not insured at the time

Having said that I cant help but wonder how vulnerable we leave ourselves to the crooks that sit on CB UHF VHF Radio and the internet forums and let us advertise just what we have in the shed
whats on ya bench
waddaya ride drive
show us ya wood pile
we slip up n tell folks we trust were we are
Crooks are smart bastards
there like crows , ever watch the buggars hunt , smart, calculative ruthless couldn't give a ratz how poor you are AND WILL BE WATCHING to what you replace you lost goods with for next time

catch em cut their hands off ? nah just slit their throats:msp_wink:
I am sorry for your loss OP yeah
cant afford to replace your gear and may be cant work with out it WHAT THE HELL AM I GONNA DO NOW
I know exactly how ya are right now

Last edited:
UM loooook Im not trying to be a smart ass here
I know first hand what the OPs going through as Ive been cleaned out twice and was nothing like well off and not insured at the time

Having said that I cant help but wonder how vulnerable we leave ourselves to the crooks that sit on CB UHF VHF Radio and the internet forums and let us advertise just what we have in the shed
whats on ya bench
waddaya ride drive
show us ya wood pile
we slip up n tell folks we trust were we are
Crooks are smart bastards
there like crows , ever watch the buggars hunt , smart, calculative ruthless couldn't give a ratz how poor you are AND WILL BE WATCHING to what you replace you lost goods with for next time

catch em cut their hands off ? nah just slit their throats:msp_wink:
I am sorry for your loss OP yeah
cant afford to replace your gear and may be cant work with out it WHAT THE HELL AM I GONNA DO NOW
I know exactly how ya are right now

Oh that's true and all, hear what you are saying. I mean it could be a roving saw thief who lurks on this site, but I am thinking just a local skunk. They steal good stuff, they steel scrap, they still good stuff for scrap. boss lost an AC unit, next to a building, next to the street. they just chained it up and yanked it out. maybe took them two minutes tops.

I mean it gets to the point, how much can you lock stuff up? I don't have much resources, if I can't keep some tools and whatnot in the shed and barn, I am screwed, that is all there is here, and I'm just a hired hand. Got a teensy cabin to live in, no way I can fit all my good stuff/tools inside.

Thing is, the dogs were barking a lot, but I thought it was *just* that oddball stray dog they were barking at. People dump dogs off out in the country all the time, that's how I got all my dogs, they are all abandoned or rescue dogs. Unless I am with them, they have to stay chained, I live next to the street and they would run down and like scare people wealking by etc if I didn't. Don't know if they would bite someone like that, but not gonna chance it. If I lived way the heck up a oprivate road I would let them run loose, but I can't.

I didn't see or hear anything else last night, and they could have gone into the barn from the back and I wouldn't have known it. There are no doors, just big openings.

I don't have the resources to put up like wireless cams all over heck. It would be nice, I know they exist and can do a good job, but I just don't have the resources for that.

Basically, I have no place to lock stuff up except inside my cabin, and we already never both leave at the same time, always someone home now.

Ya, I am just venting now, just steamed.

I was this close to thinking I could finally open a shop here, small shop, to make some extra ...this changes things. I realize I just can't keep much stuff anymore, certainly not customers gear and even more tools, etc.

Sorry to hear you got robbed.
local school board uses big concrete (double septic tank) impregnable "sheds" to house mowers, outdoor maintenance equipment, etc. Steel doors, heavy duty locks........and they still get busted into once in awhile.
I think you are doing the right thing by not keeping your equipment inventory all in one place.

Sorry to hear you got robbed.
local school board uses big concrete (double septic tank) impregnable "sheds" to house mowers, outdoor maintenance equipment, etc. Steel doors, heavy duty locks........and they still get busted into once in awhile.
I think you are doing the right thing by not keeping your equipment inventory all in one place.

I'm glad I have CAD and backups for sure. Think I am gonna squirrel away a few saws, the next ones off the bench, and really hide them, seriously hide them. Run them for a load, then put away a selection.

Just sucks though, was a big economic hit to me.

Yep it really burns yer tail, been nailed a bunch of times, over the years, home and shop. Cought a couple but that don't mean anything anymore as they may get fined and some lock up time, but that doesn't replace whats gone. Trouble is if ya do anything that is proactive then your the bad guy, about as screwed up as it gets and the dirt bags know it to th n'th degree.

maybe a simple chain going through the handle bars secured to something good and make the lock to open it all a bugger to reach. as my pops always taught me anything you can do to slow down the thief will help. you could put up a barbed wire door that wraps around the shop, pretty taught, that'll surely help. I know you don't have much money to spend on that but spending some money to save alot of money is sometimes that way it has to be. sorry to hear about your loss.

What does the law have to say?
Police :bang: I had a splitter stolen I saw a cable tv guy working when I was splitting wood he was eying my splitter. Next nite at 1:30 Am my dog barked but I didnt go look next morn the splitter was gone! So I ask my neighbor if he saw anything he said a cable TV van out front at the same time it was stolen ! So I called the Police told them to find out who was working there the other day then see if the cable co was supposed to be there at 1;30 Am and said they were not! 2 +2 =4 the guy that saw it came back and stole it right? So the detective calls me back and you wont believe what he tells me he said " I called the guy up and asked him if he stole the splitter and he said no" then told me not to go over there looking around! I dont call Cops anymore!

Back