"Free" firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this one, 4 or 5 rotten sticks for free if you take away a pile of corroded car batteries :
http://madison.craigslist.org/zip/399957230.html

Heck with the wood. What is the bad deal here? The car batteries are worth about $7 a piece for scrap and perhaps more as spot lead prices are near all time record highs. The Chinese needs lots of lead for their burgeoning car market.

i'm sure that disclaimer will hold up in court.

i'd love to see the look on the judge and/or juries face when they see that ad.

looking for wood

I could use some wood! I'm looking for wood to process into firewood for my own home use. Around the east side of Cincinnati, Ohio. Thanks! Oh! We'll take chips if you need to get rid of them! Thanks again! Lz

Here's a freecycle find that I thought y'all would appreciate. I wonder if anyone took 'em up on the offer.

Here is the deal. I have a very large branch on my tree outside
my home. I am sick of the person that keeps telling me he is going to
cut it down, but then never does. So, if you would like to come here
and cut it down and haul it away, you are more than welcome to it. I
am scared that this large part of the tree is going to snap off one
day and fall on my van. I cant afford for that to happen. You would
need to bring a ladder to reach where you need to cut, a chainsaw, and
then supply your own way to haul it off. I would love for this to be
done/gone today or tomorrow. I live in a trailer park and the park
knows that it is going to be taken down. I have their permission, but
would prefer to have it done when the office is closed.

Again, YOU CUT it down and You haul it off.

Thanks a bunch, now to clean the coffee off the screen. Maybe
give the guy a few bucks for the honor of trimming his tree.

Oh gosh, it gets better!

I have about 10 or more pine trees that are at least 50' tall. i will do the clean up, if you take the tree. i would like $50 a tree or barter because it is alot of work to clean up these pines. 810 577 5274 or [email protected]

I really don't know what to say about this one.

Ed

http://flint.craigslist.org/wan/621632119.html

tree trimmer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-03-28, 10:06AM EDT

Looking for a tree trimmer to cut down a hugh cotton wood tree. This a big project...Possibly can barter for dental work....Thank you

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

here's a good one...

found this one today while browsing C-list.

wood lot - standing timber. - $5000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2008-03-28, 2:19AM EDT

We have a wood lot that I would like to let some one harvest out some of the standing timber for a fair price. Maybe you have a building project in mind and would like to mill logs from our wood lot. Mostly hardwoods, maple, some black walnut, not much pine. Please e-mail if interested.

I've answered 2 "free firewood" craigslist ads in the past couple weeks. The first one said it was an 18-20" maple. I get over there and it was a 12" maple 50 yds down a 45 deg grade in their back yard. No truck access. I hacked it up into manageable sized pieces so they could deal with it but it certainly wasn't worth hauling up that hillside.

The second one I went to today. Again, a maple. This one was about 24" dbh and would have been nice firewood except it was totally rotten.

One day I'll find something on craigslist worth driving to. :rolleyes:
Ian

Craigs list I see alot of people trying to sell rotten wood to make a buck or better yet have you come clear there yard for free. but you have to be licensed and insured.

Check [ha ha] out these cherry logs - I think a veneer mill would snap these up, but for the 3 months they've been listed - No takers http://nwct.craigslist.org/mat/776346150.html

I've noticed these listed for a long time now too! Maybe I'll offer $15 and use it for firewood. :greenchainsaw:

Reminds me... this is a nice listing too....

http://nwct.craigslist.org/grd/782090091.html

"Various hard and soft woods, some cut and split, best suited for campfires though some may be suitable for home use in woodstoves, fireplaces etc. Prices are negotiable, take a little for a weekend camping trip or the whole lot. First come first served. The stack in the pictures is approx 14' long, 5' tall at the high point and 2' wide. $100 for the whole stack."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back