Free NATURAL gas home owners who burn wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up with free gas, and my parents do on their house yet, pretty much every house down their road and around the block does. Well, except the guy who got caught running a line to his huge pole barn.

No my folks don't burn wood, heck, I don't know if that house has much if any insulation anymOre.

If I had free natural gas...EVERYTHING I owned would run on it. I'd have a natural gas powered generator providing my power. I'd have natural gas converted vehicles. If there was something I was spending money on, I'd figure out how to use natural gas to cover it if possible.

Cut and split wood to burn? Sure...IF the chainsaw and splitter were NG powered!

ac

At least in ou area the contracts read only the dwelling can be on free gas.

What kind of knee-JERK response is that? Would you prefer "W" did it?

Just the facts, please.

I like your signature, seems to be about as impartial as my comment.

I'll refrain from name calling.

Thank you for providing "facts" in your reply. It was highly enlightening.

My Parent's Have a Gas well on thier farm, that they payed to have drilled in 1974. I Never cut a stick of Firewood until I got my own place! It Heats 2 houses, 2 outbuildings, water heaters, clothes dryers, Refrigerator, Gas Grill, cooking stove. Pretty good Investment if you ask me....

Natural gas drilling isn't real popular in my area (Northeast) until just recently. Fracking has come to PA and people report all sorts of ground water/well problems. Just curious how it has worked out for you.

ac

pure hear-say....and brought about by unfounded fears by environmentalists.

same issues going on here in new york state.

as for the OP.....if i had free gas, the last thing i'd do is spend countless hours and time finding, cutting, stacking and hauling wood.

There are lots of farms around here with gas wells and free gas.When I signed my lease a couple of years ago for them to drill with this new equipment,I was told that there would be no free gas.They said that the pressure coming out of the new wells was to high.I believe the pressure thing to be pure bull,because they are drilling all of the wells close to old gas pipe lines and tapping in.They did say that if a well was drilled on my place that besides royalties I would receive a monthly allotment in cash for what my heating bill normally is.

Interesting note:I was at a steel mill that makes seamless tubes,the other day.A guy that works there told me that they can not make enough tubes to supply the gas wells.He said their mill at capacity can supply 2000 wells a year and they (gas companies)are drilling 20,000 wells a year.This is hear say and I can not confirm that it is true.But I do know that plant is having problems buying enough scrap to melt to meet demand and that they just hired 80 new people.

Back