free pine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats gonna be alot of feeding. Boilers going to love eaten that pine.

I have access to as much free pine as I can cut. I take about 1/2 cord a year for starting fires in the morning and beach bonfires. I won't burn it unless I have to because it burns fast, leaves lots of ash and I need to sweep the chimney often.

If you got the pine all stacked neat like that it will be easy to process into firewood. It should be easy to cut to length and split. I am not one to turn down free BTUs. Enjoy!

That is a awesome score there! Nothing to be ashamed about with 25 cords of free pine. Did he cut that with a feller buncher ? Looks like he might have.

My boiler burns pine fine, we use it all year long mixed with hardwood in the colder times for a longer burn.
Cut with a 455 husky(we have several of the husky, they take a heck a beating and keep going strong) Pine is about half the btu output than oak but when it is free and delivered that is not an issue.

Thats gonna be alot of feeding. Boilers going to love eaten that pine.

It will last longer than you would think. It burns fast and hot so the cycle times are short. In the coldest part of the winter I can fill my boiler and get 12 or 13 hours out of it. I usually fill the boiler with pine and other softwood in the morning and save the hardwood for overnight. It keeps the coal build-up under control.

Back