FREE Pioneer P60!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stand back this one is gonna blow ... Major vacuum leak here... Like watching a softball go threw 100' of garden hose...Pop At any rate well done and its free so that's good one less thing

Great catch. I bet it will clean up nice. Let's see some pics when it is up and running. Also,that thing will handle a much longer bar if you wanted.

Hard to tell from the pics, but it's actually in pretty good condition. I'll get it cleaned up and take a better pic! The Poulan is supposed to run good, but I guess he dropped it at some point and cracked the gas tank. I may just clean it up and see. He was talking about giving it to his son-in-law so he wouldn't have to borrow a saw anymore. We'll see, I may just end up with it anyways!

Well, I fueled it up and couldn't get it to fire. When I pulled the muffler, the piston looked good. He said it was running, but that was several years ago. I may need to clean the carb? It had some nasty old gas in it, who knows for how long? Is there something simple that I missed? Thanks! Here's a pic of the Poulan...image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 9
Here's a little tip- when trying to get a saw to run that hasn't been run in a while or it is not known whether it will run, dribble a little gas in the intake and see if it will hit. I do that to save having to dump a bunch of fuel out.

Check both your fuel lines. the remove from either side of the gas tank on a double fuel line nipple. Mine were very hard and brittle. Replace fuel filter and check for the dreaded oil/gas separator plate to make sure it's still in tact. Some times it falls out with age and the bar oil will run into the gas and vice versa.

I know these were the predecessors to the 655/655BP so you might want to check for a 3 transfer port that is called the boost port (thus the BP in 655BP). You can see it if the muffler is off and the piston is down. I own two 655's that aren't marked BP but have the boost port. I don't know if the P60's came with a boost port or not but you never know when a top end could have been swapped.

Which model number carb did you get in the P60?

Here's a little tip- when trying to get a saw to run that hasn't been run in a while or it is not known whether it will run, dribble a little gas in the intake and see if it will hit. I do that to save having to dump a bunch of fuel out.
I use a oil squirter can to shoot 40:1 into carbs to see if they pop. Cheap at the farm saw.

Latest posts

Back