• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Free saws, you pay shipping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I could ask a favor of you who I'm sending the saws to, send a note to the Brother who gave them to me letting him know where they ended up and what you're going to do with them - either use 'em for parts for your other saw or to fix and continue using. They're kinda crummy saws, but they have sentimental attachment as they had belonged to a family member who is no longer with them. It would mean a lot to me. Thanks guys, I'll include his address with each saw.

Mel

I will send pics along with a thank you letter that Jason will write ............... Thank You Mel !

If I blow something up I'm not gonna bother anyone else with it! It's disposed of then in my own way! I wasn't meaning I was gonna blow it up then send! Sending a complete mini Mac to someone would be funny. Sending pieces of a blown up mini Mac would be uncalled for.

I hate I missed the Mac 4600. I have much better saws, but I can't keep from loving my old 3816. You always have a sentimental attachment to your first. The 4600 looks like her big brother.

Sorry for the delay, fellas. Been a long couple days.

So that's it, all the saws have been spoken for and will go out as soon as possible. I'm wicked busy trying to get jobs finished before I get taken out of service this coming Tuesday.

Thanks to everyone who pitched in and wanted to do something productive with these old saws. If I could ask a favor of you who I'm sending the saws to, send a note to the Brother who gave them to me letting him know where they ended up and what you're going to do with them - either use 'em for parts for your other saw or to fix and continue using. They're kinda crummy saws, but they have sentimental attachment as they had belonged to a family member who is no longer with them. It would mean a lot to me. Thanks guys, I'll include his address with each saw.

Mel

I will be happy to thank him and let him know!

Sunday evening, winding down after a crazy slammed week trying to get rush work done before Tuesday morning rolls around.
Back to the office for a couple hours tomorrow morning to wrap up some loose ends and get back out to bang out more work. While I'm there, whatever boxes I have I'll pack saws into and plan on hitting the post office on my way out. Whatever doesn't go tomorrow will have to wait two weeks until I'm back at work.
Guys, I'll send each of you shipping info as they leave, along with tracking numbers so you can follow 'em. I'll also include Jons address so you can send him a note letting him know where each saw ended up. I'm sure it'll make him smile and I thank you for that.
Looking forward to seeing these all find their way out and following your own repair/build threads on them!

Thinking about it, more especially the mini/120. Be real cool to see pics of your Son tearing into that thing. Gone before you know it man. Either up or down, we lose our kids too soon to life or death. Wish mine were all that age again where Father-Son/Daughter stuff was cool to them. Jim Croce nailed it, man.

The two larger saws went out this afternoon, see pic below :crazy:
Will PM you two gents the tracking info, shipping costs and the donors contact info in a moment.
Plan is to pack up the remaining three saws this evening, and hit the post office in the morning before reporting for surgery at noon!

Big Macs.JPG

What are you having surgery on? It was probably previously posted! Just wanted to ask anyways!

What are you having surgery on? It was probably previously posted! Just wanted to ask anyways!

Mel will be Melissa when he comes back. Bruce.....er.........Caitlyn Jenner has been a real inspiration for him.......er.......I mean her..........er.........It?
586996.PNG

Lol now THAT was funny.
Had knee surgery a few months ago, man I think it's worse now than before.
Tomorrow is hernia, though a little North of where Jonathan is talking about. It's bad, but not nearly as bad as others have or had. Docs been after me for a good four years to square it away, but I really needed to keep working to take care of crap around here and try to keep the wolves out of the dooryard. Still do, but can't put it off any longer. Nurse said today they were going to keep me from going back to work (and a paycheck) for 4 to 6 weeks unless I could prove I could pull "light duty". WTF does that even mean? And in what universe would their light duty and ours ever possibly mean the same thing? Lol.

Lol now THAT was funny.
Had knee surgery a few months ago, man I think it's worse now than before.
Tomorrow is hernia, though a little North of where Jonathan is talking about. It's bad, but not nearly as bad as others have or had. Docs been after me for a good four years to square it away, but I really needed to keep working to take care of crap around here and try to keep the wolves out of the dooryard. Still do, but can't put it off any longer. Nurse said today they were going to keep me from going back to work (and a paycheck) for 4 to 6 weeks unless I could prove I could pull "light duty". WTF does that even mean? And in what universe would their light duty and ours ever possibly mean the same thing? Lol.

You're welcome.

Best of luck on a speedy recovery.

Light duty? Never heard of it, and you just tell them that stuff is for people with a bad case of the wussies.

Safe at Home. Surgery went well, it's a beautiful day.

Fellas, I'm sorry, I wasn't able to pack up those three little guys this morning. Facing a couple weeks of just wandering around without lifting pushing or pulling I really needed to bust my ass doing heavy item clean-up outside here at Home for my Bride instead before going in this morning.

Taking it easy the rest of today, tomorrow I'll put the boxes together and get the saws packed up. Looking forward to putting these saws with you guys. I know it sounds silly, but it's just kinda cool. The guy that gave me the saws, Jon, was just a really great guy and I think he's going to be blown away when he hears from you guys. In this day when people are all about themselves and don't take a few minutes to consider others, it'll speak volumes about the good that's still out there.

Ok, sentimental rant over. For now... Lol :)

Ok Gents, two more are in the capable hands of the US Postal Service: The Echo and the 120 Mac. They should arrive next Tuesday and this coming Friday, respectively.
That leaves Eccentrics' mini eager beaver. Aaron, I'm sorry man I just didn't have enough left in me to box up your saw today. Really starting to feel the effects of that surgery yesterday. I'll try to get it in the mail tomorrow.

Back