• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Free saws, you pay shipping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like Dave @ckelp is going to get another saw added to his collection.

Dave was thrilled when I regifted that last one to him. H got it running the same day IIRC. His username is apt to say the least...

IMG_20140606_142939299_zpsqhxmwx7x.jpg

Thanks for the leeway, however I don't want to spoil the fun train so I'll do my best to get it out on its' way tomorrow.

Wifey came Home early today and caught me red-handed just inside the garage pulling out the boxes to ship these in (no opener on this old garage door, lol) and reamed me for not taking it easy. Was planning on taking it easy, tomorrow, and smoking a pork butt or a turkey but she all too happily reminded that I'm not to drive for three days. Admittedly, that old MG is kinda a drag to get in and out of without being able to fold in half at my waist.

Dave was thrilled when I regifted that last one to him. H got it running the same day IIRC. His username is apt to say the least...

IMG_20140606_142939299_zpsqhxmwx7x.jpg

Caveat: The saw pictured was sent to Aaron as space filler(bonus prize) for the OEM Two Idiots Logging shirt I sent him as a gift.

Some people just lack appreciation for a free saw. I dunno.

Caveat: The saw pictured was sent to Aaron as space filler(bonus prize) for the OEM Two Idiots Logging shirt I sent him as a gift.

Some people just lack appreciation for a free saw. I dunno.

I said thank you for the shirt. :D

Dave has a wierd, somewhat unholsome appreciation for the mini-macs that I'm not afflicted with.

I have yet to work on one when not under the gun to keep shop time down while earning a paycheck. I suppose I'll have to do so at some point. May be less swearing involved...

The two larger saws went out this afternoon, see pic below :crazy:
Will PM you two gents the tracking info, shipping costs and the donors contact info in a moment.
Plan is to pack up the remaining three saws this evening, and hit the post office in the morning before reporting for surgery at noon!

View attachment 444302

like the midget. mom, rip, had 2. 66 w/knock offs, and a 74. showed her how to shift [like a truck] w/no clutch... later she got a Porsche. I got to drive it before dad.

Thanks man, though a B not a midget, this one is a turd. A '75, this was the first year for highway safety compliance - increased ride height and those big dopey rubber bumpers. It doesn't like the heat at all and it's been pretty much 90 here all week. Doesn't like the cold either, so it's about a two month a year car lol.
Cool that picture brought back good memories of you and your Mom, RIP. Funny how the things we say or do trigger responses in others we never could imagine. Glad this was a good one!

Hi Mel,
My Son was speechless and I just wanted to say Thank you !!!
He wiped her down, R & R'd the muffler to check the cylinder, checked for spark (found nice blue results), cleaned the plug, then we cranked her and ran her on the squirt. Bar got oil to the chain. Carb needs rebuilding, hopefully no crud in the needle seats !

A great starter saw for him, and a memory of HIS first saw that he wont forget ................... thanks to you !!!!

(No address to send the thank you letter to Jon ?? )

Attachments

• Jasons Mac 120g.jpg
    Jasons Mac 120g.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • Jasons Mac 120f.jpg
    Jasons Mac 120f.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • Jasons Mac 120d.jpg
    Jasons Mac 120d.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
  • Jasons Mac 120c.jpg
    Jasons Mac 120c.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  • Jasons Mac 120b.jpg
    Jasons Mac 120b.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Jasons Mac 120.jpg
    Jasons Mac 120.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Woo-hoo! See, THAT's what it's all about right there fellas! Awesome. Too bad there's only the "like" button and not a "really like" button, lol!

Thanks for posting up those pics, glad to hear the saw has promise, and man let me tell ya nothing that could happen today could possibly be any better than seeing the smile on your Sons' face. Thank you Sir!

Sorry about forgetting to get you Jon's address, I'll PM you that info right now.

Woo-hoo! See, THAT's what it's all about right there fellas! Awesome. Too bad there's only the "like" button and not a "really like" button, lol!

Thanks for posting up those pics, glad to hear the saw has promise, and man let me tell ya nothing that could happen today could possibly be any better than seeing the smile on your Sons' face. Thank you Sir!

Sorry about forgetting to get you Jon's address, I'll PM you that info right now.
You should have seen his face light up when the blue spark crackled .... (last picture shows the spark) ...... he knew the next step was to add a little fuel and try to start her on the squirt !!

My bad on Jon's address, you already sent it to me a little while back in a PM ........... sorry !!

Thank you again mels !!

Ok fellas. Had enough fun for today, back to packing up your saw Aaron and getting it out to you tomorrow. I appreciate the reprieve, but Wifey is starting to look at me out of the corner of her eye because this awesome saw has outlived its' welcome in the livingroom. I guess... Lol

I received a midget coffin sized box today.

Here is what was inside.20150908_183919.jpg 20150908_183905.jpg 20150908_184221.jpg 20150908_184235.jpg

Here is what it looks like after a cursory clean up.
20150908_195743.jpg
I know it needs a muffler, inner guide plate, carb kit.......I'll be putting it back together this week to see if it will "pop" with a prime, check compression, etc.

Here is the NOS bar I will be installing once I get this saw up, and running.

20150908_195857.jpg

Okay, I couldn't wait.

I put the recoil back on, compression felt good, pulled the plug, checked for spark, and got nice blue spark. I put a little shot of 40:1 in the plug hole, and pulled it through. Reinstalled plug, set the choke, and the saw "popped" on the third pull.

Wahoo!

Now to find a muffler, inner guide plate, and a few other little bits.

Awesome, love it! And the "midget coffin" comment made me blow my OJ through my nose. Note to self: don't do THAT again...
Saw cleaned up pretty good so far huh? Aaron, thanks for helping with those parts man.
Please make sure you send my Brother Jon a note, maybe a before and after pic!

Got the echo yesterday, thanks Mel. I haven't had time to look it over yet

Jon, if you need any cindermac parts I do have a fair amount, you know how to get ahold of me

Cool, thanks, looking forward to hearing about it :)
Thanks for offering to help with that big ol Mac, too!

Ok fellas, last of these mighty saws left here for its' final destination today. Mr. Eccentric, please look to receive your little bundle of joy next Wednesday, 16SEP. I'll send you a PM with your tracking info, and the donors' address for your note.

Gents, I know I've said it before, but thanks again for giving these simple old girls something to look forward to. Even if you end up using them for parts to get another one of yours running, or someone else whom you're helping out.

I know it sounds kinda silly, but I've enjoyed this. From meeting the guy who ended up being a Brother and his giving them to me to pass along to you guys here, through getting to know a little better those of you who've stepped up wanting them, to seeing them out and on their way to you. Those pics 'Mopar and Jonathan posted up and the excitement of hearing that the saws show signs of promise just make it that much sweeter.

Looking forward to hearing more from the rest of you guys as you have time to report back :)

Hi Mels,
Jason took the MiniMac apart today !
He was sooo excited to get wrenchin on it !!
All in all, its in great shape.......... needs a carb kit and a tank. Might JB weld the oil tank ........... it got a little hot under the shell in the top corner, there was a good amount of packed up gunk all around the cooling fins, and the heat traveled to the tank and melted a small hole in it. The points look new (I had to pull off the flywheel for him) and he cleaned everything. He is writing to Jon as I type and asked me to thank you again Mel................ and we got about 2 hours to ourselves this morning !!

Thank you again Mel !!!!!

Attachments

• Mac120.JPG
    Mac120.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 13
  • Mac120a.JPG
    Mac120a.JPG
    305.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Mac120b.JPG
    Mac120b.JPG
    308 KB · Views: 14
  • Mac120c.JPG
    Mac120c.JPG
    167.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Mac120d.JPG
    Mac120d.JPG
    218.7 KB · Views: 12
Received my mini-mac a couple days ago. Looks to be complete and in good shape. Just needs a cleanup, fuel/oil caps, and the usual fuel system rehab. I already found a fuel cap for it in my misc saw parts box. Will send your friend a note soon. After I finish working on a few saws that belong to friends I'll go through the little thing and get it going.

IMG_20150916_112018394_zpsovmzd53z.jpg

IMG_20150916_111957667_zpsmcaaj9cl.jpg

IMG_20150916_112004757_zpsogn5lfgr.jpg

IMG_20150916_111854753_zpsj7rh5tgl.jpg

Latest posts

Back