Free Stihl Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No sweat MNB... I agree it looked fishy.

Your suggestions were great by the way... extremely professional.

It won't make you feel any better, but you were on the cusp!

LOL! No problem...I mostly want to know what the winning ideas were. :)

Congrats to the winners!

Luke, I sent you an email but never got a response? Guess you looked over it or it disappeared?

Congrats to the winners!

Luke, I sent you an email but never got a response? Guess you looked over it or it disappeared?

Could have been eaten by the spam filter... or if I just forgot to respond I am sorry. You don't want to see my inbox it is a nasty place :)

Congratulations to the winners.

pavement99 - Can you post (or email me) the suggestions that they made that caused them to win? While I appreciate the contest and the opportunity I do not believe anyone provided better suggestions than I did. I'd like to see for myself what they came up with.

A nice congrats... then an arrogant kick to the face.

*shrug Only speaking the truth. I don't believe anyone else provided better recommendations. We'll see when they are posted.
That's your opinion... and it seems to me he found three better suggestions than you the self made internet pioneer millionaire whining about not winning a free "used" saw.... Your bent out of shape 'cause he didn't feel your suggestion was the best for them at this time... tip your hat and bow out like a man.

That's your opinion... and it seems to me he found three better suggestions than you the self made internet pioneer millionaire whining about not winning a free "used" saw.... Your bent out of shape 'cause he didn't feel your suggestion was the best for them at this time... tip your hat and bow out like a man.

You're the one beating a dead horse. No whining here. Merely stated I wanted to see what was recommended that was chosen as the winning recommendations. I'll make my own decision if I think they were worthy recommendations or not.

If you want to keep trying to push my buttons have at it. Always open to humor.

You're the one beating a dead horse. No whining here. Merely stated I wanted to see what was recommended that was chosen as the winning recommendations. I'll make my own decision if I think they were worthy recommendations or not.

If you want to keep trying to push my buttons have at it. Always open to humor.

That's my point... it's not up to you... never was and never will be... you took a fun friendly competion and made into something that it's not... your whining and demanding an answer as to why you didn't win and YOU want to be the judge of whats currently best for THEM.

Whats next? Are you going to tell them how to market their site? Here ya go... Site Marketing, 483,000,000 million results, a little more specific search will tell them all they need to know... without your help. Btw... it seems you found their business just fine.

If I were them... i'd tell you to go get bent... but that's just my opinion, and your better than all of us... so... i'm sure you'll be the judge of that...

Last edited:
the woodsman

holy diesel fitter joke ! you gotta be kidding, your not giving this bobcat a hardtime are ya? like the guy isnt whining nearly like your going off about~like i was pretty upset to see you didnt win either~ i have no use for a classic saw right, only you know everything about that~ anyways~dont give the bobcat a hardtime im sure we could all use this fee advice~ sure wood have been nice to win but whos being a sore ass? kiss and make up no biggee!:rockn:

Maybe I was a little rough on ya... and just maybe my toes went over the line a tad bit far... you don't seem like a bad guy, a little persistent maybe... but not a bad guy... that's pretty close to an apology I guess... so, take it how you want. I can also say I wasn't trying to push your buttons, after the winners were announced it became a moot point. :)

I've had this smile on my face all day... Nothing you did changed it. :cheers:

Last edited:
Congrats to the Winners!
It sad to see that this sites gives You chainsaws for free just for some advice to make it better for US (they don't need it - we do, so it is even more pleasant to shop), but it is still not good. Sad..
As to treestuff.com and Luke - keep up the good work, bring new products and thanks for making contests like this - it sure feels that EVERY advice is appreciated!

Congrats to the Winners!
It sad to see that this sites gives You chainsaws for free just for some advice to make it better for US (they don't need it - we do, so it is even more pleasant to shop), but it is still not good. Sad..
As to treestuff.com and Luke - keep up the good work, bring new products and thanks for making contests like this - it sure feels that EVERY advice is appreciated!

You're awesome, Uldis. Thank you.

And your "entry" was brilliant too.

Congrats to the Winners!

I wouldn't say it's sad. Luke earned my respect by demonstrating that he is one of the more savvy business people on the Internet. I sent a list of 12 - 15 recommendations. I would normally charge about $1,500.00 for that but donated my time for a chance to win. 21 other people provided suggestions for the same opportunity. Luke got way more value than the cost of the incentives he gave away. Smart. He'll do well. :)

By the way, still waiting to see what the winners recommended.

Here are some of the ideas from the winners:

1.) You should have a link on the web page stating "to like us on Facebook". It looks like there are only 16 folks "liking" it since March when you put it up. Also, if you post more often to facebook, all the "friends" of people who like your site will see that post too, creating more free advertising.
2.) I think maybe the statement below might be a bit heavy handed, and there is plenty of stuff to sell to cater to the firewood cutter like myself.
"By placing your order for our products, you represent to us that you are purchasing the product for use only by a fully trained professional lineman or arborist."
Maybe this statement can be qualified to be referring to climbing gear?
3.) PS, when I recently bought some Save Edge Files, they seemed to rub against each other in shipping. Should they be individually wrapped in paper so as to not potentially dull each other?
4.) Under the Husky pro saws, it states you can't purchase on line. But, you can add these items to your cart and proceed to checkout.
5.) I would like to see some pics of the retail store, and perhaps the site can help drive business in the local area as well as the online business. I'd think seeing the shop and pics of the folks who work there, would give the site a personal touch.
6.) Have you ever thought of carrying a line of sprockets? They would compliment your line of bar and chains nicely. Maybe a line of rim sprockets from oregon...
7.) Would recommend some type of automatic form for your bar and chain selection. It might help the general population (homeowner, farmer, rancher) who don't have the knowledge that some arborists have, help choose a bar and chain that would be correct for them... Something where they could input there make and model of saw and and get a bar and chain selection that's catered to there specific application.
8.) In my experience with shopping for new equiptment is that ther are so many choices availible to the consumer. I understand there is alot of personal prefernce to what a person like but there seems to be trends in what works and what doesnt. I would like to see items recomended by working arborists when looking for new equipment.

Take it for what it is and please don't make me explain why you didn't win (because I will if forced to): :hmm3grin2orange:

Seriously, though, thank you again to everybody!

All I can say is OMG. Thanks for sharing that. No explanation necessary.

One last word of advice just to help someone out who's obviously trying hard. Presumably you have an online business because you want to make money. If you implement all of the changes listed above it won't make any difference in your sales. It may improve the user experience some...but is not going to increase your sales. Spend your time focusing on getting people to your web site. Its all about eyeballs. The affiliate program I recommended you set up will do way more to drive sales then fooling around with facebook. There are a bunch of other things you can do as well. I gave you a good list to start with.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
Treestuff.com I would like to thank you for the great gesture of reaching out and asking your customers what they want and to give free saws for the advice. Its sad to see you get flack for doing such a selfless thing. It is in my belief that customer service brings more business so why not give what the customers want. I enjoyed being involved with it. Im looking forward to seeing the saw will have photos when they arrive!!!:blob2:

Last edited:
Treestuff.com I would like to thank you for the great gesture of reaching out and asking your customers what they want and to give free saws for the advice. Its sad to see you get flack for doing such a selfless thing. It is in my belief that customer service brings more business so why not give what the customers want. I enjoyed being involved with it. Im looking forward to seeing the saw will have photos when they arrive!!!:blob2:

Well Said! I second the thank you and am excited for the FedEx package which headed out today! Stihl don't know which saw it is, so the suspense is killing me! Will definitely post pics.

If there is a better company to deal with out there other than TreeStuff, I have not seen it. For being much smaller than other companies they provide service and product pricing at par or better than competitors.

Keep up the good work guys!!

I go to the site quite often just to check out the "News" portion. Great information there. Have you thought about posting links to state extension services or foresters for information on diseases and tree info? There is a lot of good info out there on EAB, tree selection, etc.

:cheers:

Well Said! I second the thank you and am excited for the FedEx package which headed out today! Stihl don't know which saw it is, so the suspense is killing me! Will definitely post pics.

:agree2:... Pretty excited!

Back