Free Stihl Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been holding back y'all. I'm saving my REAL suggestions for next year when Luke starts giving away 460's.
:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

By the way,for the curious: that would be ideas number 1 through 5 all for Pabl026, with the wife getting credit for number 1 after I told her what won last year's contest! :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

The 2nd saw in the picture showed up today. Looks super clean havent had a chance to fire it up and cut with it. Will be posting pics and vid shortly

Here are 2 pics of the old girl. Does not want to fire with some fresh 91/ultra in it. Fires with choke, but then just runs a second or 2 with choke off. Any suggestions?

Here are 2 pics of the old girl. Does not want to fire with some fresh 91/ultra in it. Fires with choke, but then just runs a second or 2 with choke off. Any suggestions?

Sounds like its toast, to me. I'll give you $20 for it. Can always use spare parts. :biggrinbounce2:

Have you tried turning up the idle a little bit? Maybe try adjusting the idle screw. Low speed could be to rich or lean also...

If you rev it and let off the throttle what does it do? Does it idle then die out? Or race a little bit before returning to idle then die out?

Btw, nice Halloween pic... you kinda look like something out of ghostbusters...

Have you tried turning up the idle a little bit? Maybe try adjusting the idle screw. Low speed could be to rich or lean also...

If you rev it and let off the throttle what does it do? Does it idle then die out? Or race a little bit before returning to idle then die out?

Thanks for the tips; I did not try much since it was raining, but will do so when I get a chance. I thought it had just been all tuned up?

You should post a video of that mac running so if people can tell I heard they were dangerous cause you almost didnt know they were running

I don't know if it is possible for a saw to flood itself in transport, but it was soaked in leaked gas when I opened the box. I did not check the air filter, but it was probably soaked too. I opened the box in the kitchen and it was pretty overpowering gas fumes; the wife yelled get that thing out of here! Glad I am not a smoker!
Anyhoo, Thank you to Tree Stuff! I do appreciate it and am not complaining:cheers:

Pablo, I'll have Roland (the guy who worked on all 3 saws) give you a ring. He comes in on Wednesdays during Dec-Jan-Feb. You can also call Phil our service manager and he'll give you some tips 877.408.7337

Thanks, Pavement. Making some progress, saw likes to run on half choke for a bit to get going. Full RPMs are good, but will die once off WOT. Will go tweek the low end in a bit, I'll keep it quiet out there a little longer. It looks like a brand new carb? The throttle interlock button did break, adding to my challenge so perhaps Roland or anyone else has ideas on how to get it to re-attach. I'll call him on a Wed am soon when I have the saw in front of me.
Thanks again.

Low jet tuning got it to idle as it should, and we were making some test cuts.
Would lose power:chainsawguy: and want to stall in the cut, and saw that it is pulsing fuel mix back out into the air filter with a steady drip. Anyone have thoughts on that? All this saw really needs to do is decorate the man cave, as the 357xp gets to have all the real fun these days.

Low jet tuning got it to idle as it should, and we were making some test cuts.
Would lose power:chainsawguy: and want to stall in the cut, and saw that it is pulsing fuel mix back out into the air filter with a steady drip. Anyone have thoughts on that? All this saw really needs to do is decorate the man cave, as the 357xp gets to have all the real fun these days.

my 009 was doing that after I replaced the lines and made them a little too short, so I replaced the fuel line from the tank again and made sure there were no hard bends in it.

Back